Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What's Your Pre-Workout Ritual?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
What is your pre-workout ritual? Mine: I work out at noon at a nicely equipped corp gym and mine goes something like this:

1. Dwell on it all morning and visualize every lift lol
2. Pre-workout meal around 10:30a
3. Jack3d and any other pre-wo supp around 11:20a
4. Make sure my boss pisses me off (not hard)
5. Noon: Elevator to ground floor to kill the iron

Same EVERY day!

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Sit on the edge of a bench in a quiet part of the gym. Stare into the mirror and think about why I'm there and what I'm gonna do. Eat a couple sour patch kids....go smash weight and try and earn the right to call myself a bodybuilder.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I think the mental aspect is something I have been missing.i realized it on my last dl pr.there is too much chatter in our training group.Once i put the headphones on and blocked all of the chatter out i pulled and it was intense.

I need to work on this part in a big way.I am on a two week break to regroup so I can be mor eintense in the gym.

Music is huge to me.Music helps me focus.Two of my favorite songs are dope "die mother fucker die" and "click click boom".
One of the gals at the comp was constantly talking to herself before an event I finally asked what she was doing.She told me she was going over the lift in her head but outlous lol.Makes sense and i plan on implementing this in training.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I think the mental aspect is something I have been missing.i realized it on my last dl pr.there is too much chatter in our training group.Once i put the headphones on and blocked all of the chatter out i pulled and it was intense.

I need to work on this part in a big way.I am on a two week break to regroup so I can be mor eintense in the gym.

Music is huge to me.Music helps me focus.Two of my favorite songs are dope "die mother fucker die" and "click click boom".
One of the gals at the comp was constantly talking to herself before an event I finally asked what she was doing.She told me she was going over the lift in her head but outlous lol.Makes sense and i plan on implementing this in training.

I am with you on music. I put my ear buds in and get my glare going and no one bothers me. I'm a little unusal with my music. I find my song and put it on repeat and listen to it over and over. Not just for that workout... but sometimes for the next 8-10 workouts. Same song pounding in my head as I move the iron. Something very simple and animalistic about that for me. If the MMC gets off, I change the song.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol I am the same way with those two songs.over and over and over .One of my favorite competion songs is "take your best shot" get me nice and pissed at my competitors lol

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i make it my duty to spit on my weights as my ritual.......just to let it know I OWN U BITCH..dw

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
i make it my duty to spit on my weights as my ritual.......just to let it know I OWN U BITCH..dw

DW- Is there anything that you do that isn't awesome or totally hardcore? This maybe explains the sign at my gym though that says "no spitting on the mirror."

My routine is just driving to the gym with right wing talk radio on low volume. Just try and clear my head of all the shit from work that morning and think about what it is that I'm about to do. Visualize the muscles contracting, the weights moving etc...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
man, i suck at preworkout rituals. i just try to finish up with everything that needs to be done at the office, hope that nothing comes in that will make it so i cant go. if im taking a preworkout i usually do it around 11:15. head home to change and walk to the gym letting my mind ponder random things. i never think much about what i am going to do as it is smallville and i never know what equipment is going to be available. the only thing i really think and prepare for is a max dead pull. then i just think, "i can do this" if i make the pull, i thank God :D

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I have 2...one I use for early workouts noonish, and the other for my late day workouts 5:30 pm.
Workout ritual one-TAKE A SHIT! what is it with people shitting at the gym?? I think some of these fools have no stool at home.
2 hours prior yok3d or N02red, mix up arginine,Bcaa's, and NUKE with napalm or jack3d. 1 hour prior 60 grm whey isolate 1/2 cup oats.
Watch you tube videos of ginormous pros lifting brutal (usually Branch Warren) drive to gym, kill it.
5:30 almost the same with the exception of the you tube and the drive is much shorter, by the time I get off work I have had more to eat and am more proturbed with life...kill it.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
DW- Is there anything that you do that isn't awesome or totally hardcore? This maybe explains the sign at my gym though that says "no spitting on the mirror."

My routine is just driving to the gym with right wing talk radio on low volume. Just try and clear my head of all the shit from work that morning and think about what it is that I'm about to do. Visualize the muscles contracting, the weights moving etc...

well i can tell u one thing...u will not find me at your local gyms...Im banned from most....i wonder why?.....its all about our freedom of expression....its a mind game..its u against the weights...whos going to win?..This is my main concept..I view my barbell as my bitch.I talk to it as if we have brutal love affiar...brutality is beauty when it comes to building muscle....when its time for me and my barbell to hook up...i refer it as im ready to spit fuck my barbell...its a love affair that will not die...Ive used this approach as long as i can rememeber...As crazy as it sounds it works for me....Just like most men view their cars as women...i view my weights the same way.its a bond between me and her.....The more weight u put on her the more u tell her how much fatter she is ....but yet u still want to fuck her........Each rep u push the deeper u push inside her...the more pain she brings me the more insults i tell her....but yet the repect is understanding and equal...Its all a mind game u see....for me its worked in a span of over 2 decades.....Is this hardcore?..Am i insane?Is this just crazy ?.....maybe so.....This reminds me once apon a time.my first wife....I told her one day and this was the end of our relationship.i told her nothing in this world i love more then my weights.....shortly after we was history....Sometimes the truth hurts...And i told her the truth...she was second best to my bitch in the back yard..nothing comes between us......nothing..except death.......Yes i realize this may sound bazzare but this has kept me in the game a long time wile i see many fall from glory because mentally they just dont have it .....Ive seen manny people give it up....U know why....They never found a just cause to do it or die......Only a few people get this concept and they will last the test of time....sometimes the ego cant help people last...the ego can be blasted to hell at any given time....i dont need ego...i dont work on ego...just my state of mind.......dw

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010

What!!!! No vigins or cute cuddly animals sacrificed to the god of iron?????

Phffff...I'm a little disappointed in you DW.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
well i can tell u one thing...u will not find me at your local gyms...Im banned from most....i wonder why?.....its all about our freedom of expression....its a mind game..its u against the weights...whos going to win?..This is my main concept..I view my barbell as my bitch.I talk to it as if we have brutal love affiar...brutality is beauty when it comes to building muscle....when its time for me and my barbell to hook up...i refer it as im ready to spit fuck my barbell...its a love affair that will not die...Ive used this approach as long as i can rememeber...As crazy as it sounds it works for me....Just like most men view their cars as women...i view my weights the same way.its a bond between me and her.....The more weight u put on her the more u tell her how much fatter she is ....but yet u still want to fuck her........Each rep u push the deeper u push inside her...the more pain she brings me the more insults i tell her....but yet the repect is understanding and equal...Its all a mind game u see....for me its worked in a span of over 2 decades.....Is this hardcore?..Am i insane?Is this just crazy ?.....maybe so.....This reminds me once apon a time.my first wife....I told her one day and this was the end of our relationship.i told her nothing in this world i love more then my weights.....shortly after we was history....Sometimes the truth hurts...And i told her the truth...she was second best to my bitch in the back yard..nothing comes between us......nothing..except death.......Yes i realize this may sound bazzare but this has kept me in the game a long time wile i see many fall from glory because mentally they just dont have it .....Ive seen manny people give it up....U know why....They never found a just cause to do it or die......Only a few people get this concept and they will last the test of time....sometimes the ego cant help people last...the ego can be blasted to hell at any given time....i dont need ego...i dont work on ego...just my state of mind.......dw

I'm framing this and hanging it on my bathroom wall so I can read it every time I drop a deuce... Thanks DW! Always appreciate your perspective!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic