Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

What's Your Pre-Workout Ritual?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
more then likely my brother they will be gone like the rest and u will remain doing your thing....im not impressed at all with anyone that tells me they lifted for 10 years ...come talk to me when u have over 20..then we can see eye to eye...alot can happen in 10 years...it takes a certain person to remain ture to the game..no matter what life throws at them....and im sure life has thossed u many things that would make the avg person quit....this is why your one of the masters of the trade....and i can tell u its not about how big or how good u look..its about the years u put into this sport...they come and go.......i say bye bye.....your back is broken.....dw

YES so true, I put 21 yrs into this as of this month, little nobodies who think they have done it and are smarter and better because they have a couple cycles under their belt...pfftt... I farmer blow on their weak ass shit, like you said...lets see where they are at our age after the wear and tear, injuries and shit that we have delt with, to be training at a higher level then them tells me just how pussified a lot of them truly are, not many of the old school blue collar fellas who try to be harder AND smarter with the game despite all the bullshit...and yeah, all my troubles in the past 2 yrs especially and IM still in their battling, its my thing and no one can take that away from us.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
DW I wrote a post a while back called "the lifter" it was about 2-3 yrs ago, I know you would remember-if you see it on one of the forums can you copy n paste it here, its all about busting fucking ass on deadlifts...perfect for this thread or another.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Never Mind.

THE LIFTER IS NOT A FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

The lifter walks into the gym his mind like a rusty razor blade cutting on a slate chalk board. A single thought in mind...to take this lift to a place that most mortals dont dare go. This is the moment of impending confrontation, a moment that draws closer and closer with each step closer to the bar. His head down his focus straight ahead the other people around in slow motion as though he has stepped into another dimension. He sees his opponent- an empty bar...seems so benign but in minutes it will be a fierce opponent. He grabs 2 -45's and slides one on each end feeling the cold iron as it slams home against each collar like the door of a prison cell slamming home behind an inmate-there is only one absolution of this crime....pain.
He grips the bar and feels the knurls dig in like old rusty nails into his calloused palms. He looks in the mirror and sees the form in front of him the mismatched outfit, old sneakers, sweatpants with ripped seams, a 4xl shirt that hugs his shoulders and neck, and a black wool hat who's white logo has long since soured with a yellow tinge of sweat and dirt. This form is his demon, telling him that the task ahead is too great and that he will fail. He looks over his shoulder the people still moving in slow motion. Gripping the bar and pushing with his heels he pulls the bar to his midriff, the easy slow motion of the first warm up feels deceivingly easy. He performs one more warm up set and the weight seems to lure him. A third 45 to each end is applied- he reaches in his gym bag and pulls out 2 frayed canvas lifting straps-each one a different brand. He pulls them tight against his wrist like black clothe shackles, he then grabs his leather lifting belt stained with the sweat of a lifetime of workouts, wrapping it around his waist and pulling is snug to the holes with the most wear, then cinching the belt he turns and looks at his opponent, it looks back with the cold un-breaking stare. Thinking to himself that this will be the lift that outdoes all other lifts from before. Crouching above the bar he wraps each strap around the knurls and securing him self to his mindless adversary. Things slow down- now his world is in slow motion the music plays and comes to the point that he knows as the lull before the storm. Looking once more in the mirror his demons ask him "do you really want to do this". He shakes his head and mumbles curses under his breath, the music slows, he breathes deeply and in sync with the rythym of the music. Gripping the bar and feeling its knurls now like an extension of his hand, a bond that cannot be broken, the music slows and the crescendo is near he takes his final breath and spits in defiance to his enemy, and mutters "got this". The music and his body explode simultaneously in one motion is heels digging in and his body pushing upward like a piston- his arms pulling the bar into his midriff. Every fiber of his back contracting like a orchestra of pain. The repetitions lash him like a slave driver each successive one taking another bite of his soul. All the years of pain and injury call out- the minds sense of self preservation saying "STOP!" the lifter feels the surge- the violent eruption of a lifetime of frustration fill his body and he growls "NOT YET!!" as each repetition successively digs into his body and mind begging for him to give up. In his mind he screams NO!!!!-TODAY YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME!!!!" and he pulls the agonizing weight again and again. The lifters battle torn body cries out from 16 years of cummulative trauma "STOP!!!" Sweat beads roll from under his nose and he feels the droplets drip onto his hand, as he squeezes his eyes shut even harder, and grunts "F#CK YOU!!" and pulls the bar closer and closer to his midriff, he opens his eyes to gauge his opponent which screams back for mercy and the veins on his neck twist like a nest of serpents, the color of his face is a shade of purple, and a trickle of blood runs out his nose and onto his chin and shirt. Every muscle shivering with exhaustion he pulls one more time and with a prime evil growl pulls the mighty weight for the 15th time into his abdomen and the right side of his back goes numb, the weight plunges to the floor and with an explosion calls out for mercy. The lifter falls back and leans on a nearby bench thinking to himself this is only the beginning.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I nut on my weights, so they get a taste of what DHT is going to do.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
YES so true, I put 21 yrs into this as of this month, little nobodies who think they have done it and are smarter and better because they have a couple cycles under their belt...pfftt... I farmer blow on their weak ass shit, like you said...lets see where they are at our age after the wear and tear, injuries and shit that we have delt with, to be training at a higher level then them tells me just how pussified a lot of them truly are, not many of the old school blue collar fellas who try to be harder AND smarter with the game despite all the bullshit...and yeah, all my troubles in the past 2 yrs especially and IM still in their battling, its my thing and no one can take that away from us.
aj...your just one of the few i trully repect as a weightlifter bro...i know u been threw hella nd back and u didnt back down,,,your still busting your ass at the gym...still maintaining that muscle and u should...your a fucking ture weightlifter bro..no bones about it....i know one thing also....i never have to wonder if old aj gave up...thats not even a question.....if we never speak again or whatever i can think to myself and know your at some gym bust your ass because u are by heart a ture weighlifter....and bet ensure bro ..no matter what i will never quit to...no one will never have to wonder about me....im down forever bro...no matter what life throws my way i will put the weights at the top of my list....if those people cant understand that concept...i dont give a fuck rain or shine...locked up or not....ill be doing my thing....its all i ever wantted to do in this stinken life.....and bro..im prode to know u..your a great dude bro....i have the most highest repect for u....just because i know your the real deal...and that is rare to find....we might not be pros or in mags setting records...that doesnt matter...its th heart that counts....and where your heart stands.i know where u stand bro.....its allways a blessing to read your threads...i can relate to everything u say.......dw

M

mystic97z

May 31, 2011
seems like alot of you guys are drinking your pre workout supp alot sooner than me. I usually take mine in the parking lot right before i walk in. i do about 15 min of cardio before my workout though, so its probably about 20 minutes before i start lifting. i Use jacked, no explode, or pump fuel.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
seems like alot of you guys are drinking your pre workout supp alot sooner than me. I usually take mine in the parking lot right before i walk in. i do about 15 min of cardio before my workout though, so its probably about 20 minutes before i start lifting. i Use jacked, no explode, or pump fuel.
jack3d (3 scoops) works best for me around 40 minutes before my first set.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
2 hours preworkout - Decent sized meal. Normally a big sweet potato, 6-8oz. of chicken, 1 family sized bag of steamed vegetables.
1.5 hours preworkout - Open (3) 25mg anavar capsules and pour into shot glass. Add a little water, and slam it.
1 hour preworkout - 25grams hydrolyzed whey protein.
30 min preworkout - 30grams waxy maize starch.
Immediately preworkout - start sipping on 10grams Ajipure BCAAs and continue throughout workout.

As far as mentally, well, I don't have to do much to psyche myself up, because I wake up thinking about how hard I'm going to hit the iron, and visualize what exercises and what weights I'll do. By the time I'm done with my supplementation, I'm so ready to hit the gym that a preworkout stimulant is not necessary anymore. I turned some corner where I no longer need anything at all to get completely focused and intense in the gym.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
This describes the proper pre-workout mindset...

Q96tQ.gif

S

simonjpa

Sep 10, 2010
I typically get something lite to eat an hour before hand then I still use a preworkout stim 20 minutes before and on my way to the gym, pretty simple.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Funny thread....

For my evening session I get a scoop of peanut butter before I leave the house, drink a monster on my hour drive to the gym. I'm lucky that my team has our own gym, so the stereo is usually cranked by the time I get there.

Mornings involve a lot more foam rolling, lacrosse ball trigger point work, one poop before leaving the house, a monster in the car, then another poop before stretching a bit and lifting.

I had the pleasure I spending a few hours with the late, great, Rick Hussey of Big Iron gym. I was amping up for one of my first bigger meets and he shared this nugget of wisdom with me:
" if you poop twice before lifting it'll be a good day. The best meets are all at least two-poopers"

For really big training sessions I'll add in a few caps of LG Science's REZOLUTION.... that shit will set your head on fire.

stpete

stpete

Oct 30, 2012
I HAVE to have my Copenhagen heading to the gym and discarding in the locker room. That's the only prerequisite for a good training session for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic