Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What's your Deload protocol?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I've been on an intense training cycle since the beginning of August and I'm starting to feel some aches and strains. In the past, I would schedule a regular deload week every 2-3 months, working at 50%. Occasionally, I would just take the week off. I've been making good gains and I've been reluctant to work a deload in, but my body is forcing me.

Curious as to what others do for deload and the frequency.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I've been on an intense training cycle since the beginning of August and I'm starting to feel some aches and strains. In the past, I would schedule a regular deload week every 2-3 months, working at 50%. Occasionally, I would just take the week off. I've been making good gains and I've been reluctant to work a deload in, but my body is forcing me.

Curious as to what others do for deload and the frequency.
A week out of the gym. I’ve done the 50% less reps AND weight. I prefer just to leave it alone.

my body usually tells me it’s time and I get sick. Many times to the point where going to the gym at all is not possible. Today was my third day back and feeling good.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
A week out of the gym. I’ve done the 50% less reps AND weight. I prefer just to leave it alone.

my body usually tells me it’s time and I get sick. Many times to the point where going to the gym at all is not possible. Today was my third day back and feeling good.

I also feel that it will auto regulate but it’s a matter of listening to what your body is telling you. When I don’t listen I get injured

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I agree on the listening to the body part, which is where I am now. But I’m thinking it might be worth it to go back to a schedule to prevent a setback.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
This is a great topic, and an excellent reminder. I’ve been pushing it hard for the last 5-6 months. Been making good, consistent progress but not listening to my body.

About a month ago, my daily job hours expanded to 10-12 hourly days. New tasks, more stress. The stress was keeping my muscles constantly in a tight state. Well, I ended up pulling my lower back doing bent over rows. Not super heavy weight either. Felt the pain right away 8 reps in. Ugh!

I’ve been sidelined for over 2 weeks now. Slowly getting better each day, just lower back pain when attempting to stand up. Sucks, but I blame myself. I don’t think it a serious injury, but one that occurred when it didn’t have to.

Next time, I’m taking a week off every couple of months. Not getting any younger just need to start training smarter these days.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
When I was still competing in powerlifting, I'd go into the gym and take 3x5 with 135 on squats, bench and deadlift 3x in a week. Just to keep a groove.

Now that I done competing, and am getting older - if my body is screaming for a week off, I take a week off and bring the dog for a few extra walks that week.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Good input everyone

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic