Latest Member
ctrl
What's New?

What's too much while Fasting?

T

Triple D Star

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2021
I’m going to draw the line at dry fasting WITH showers and teeth brushing, haha.

I’ve done a 3 day fast, recently, with nothing but coffee and electrolyte water. Overall a very positive experience and I’ll do it again soon. I intermittent fast almost every day for what seems like years now, so 16-18 hours with just coffee and loads of water is no problem at all anymore. I have incredible workouts too, at the end of my fasts. If you told me that 5 years ago I’d have laughed at you. Who knows anymore…

if you had coffee/electrolyte water technically it wouldn’t be a dry fast. I’ve seen where some people only drink water in a one hour window or of course Ramadan, they don’t drink or eat until night.

& yeah lol but as mentioned most people who do it are trying to cure some serious ailment or destroy tumor or things along those lines. Hopefully we are never in the position where we have to contemplate wether drinking our own pee is worth it lol

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I’ve gone 5 days nothing but water
And 3rd day I wasn’t even hungry
Burn crazy
Now just fast one day
24hrs nothing then 16.8
Only eat in 8 hour window
And Saturday I full blown eating anything
Staying around 8-10%
Still at 209 as of today

getting asked weekly about diet
Only in gym 3x week maybe 4
To busy with grand babies

getting ready for big 6o in 5 years

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I’ve gone 5 days nothing but water
And 3rd day I wasn’t even hungry
Burn crazy
Now just fast one day
24hrs nothing then 16.8
Only eat in 8 hour window
And Saturday I full blown eating anything
Staying around 8-10%
Still at 209 as of today

getting asked weekly about diet
Only in gym 3x week maybe 4
To busy with grand babies

getting ready for big 6o in 5 years
You are close to my age then, old devil dog. I also served in the Corps from 88 to 92. I got out after Desert Storm because not many fields were allowed to take reenlistments. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic.

The only time I've fasted was when the doc asked me to do a colonoscopy on my 50th birthday. That was just over 24 hours. Now, almost 3 years later, I'm noticing a lot of videos on TikTok that talk about fasting and all of the benefits. (FYI: TikTok is a great distraction! 30 minutes on the stair climber only feels like 5 minutes) Here is the latest that makes me want to fast:

But I have questions if I were to try a 3 to 5-day fast:
  • I take supplements (Vitamine D, Zinc, Magnesium). I guess these stop while on a fast. Right?
  • What about going to the gym? Do I skip the gym on the days that I am fasting?
  • If I do still go to the gym, would I pass out if I tried doing cardio?
I'm super healthy! I just want to get this gut out of my life. I can't seem to get rid of it for the life of me!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You are close to my age then, old devil dog. I also served in the Corps from 88 to 92. I got out after Desert Storm because not many fields were allowed to take reenlistments. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic.

The only time I've fasted was when the doc asked me to do a colonoscopy on my 50th birthday. That was just over 24 hours. Now, almost 3 years later, I'm noticing a lot of videos on TikTok that talk about fasting and all of the benefits. (FYI: TikTok is a great distraction! 30 minutes on the stair climber only feels like 5 minutes) Here is the latest that makes me want to fast:

But I have questions if I were to try a 3 to 5-day fast:
  • I take supplements (Vitamine D, Zinc, Magnesium). I guess these stop while on a fast. Right?
  • What about going to the gym? Do I skip the gym on the days that I am fasting?
  • If I do still go to the gym, would I pass out if I tried doing cardio?
I'm super healthy! I just want to get this gut out of my life. I can't seem to get rid of it for the life of me!

You don’t NEED to stop taking supplements when doing an extended fast, but I find anything besides water bothers my empty stomach and as long as I hydrate thoroughly, 48-72 fasts don’t throw off my electrolyte/mineral balance enough to need to supplement anything.

I used to hit the gym for light workouts when I first started fasting, but now I just use my 3 fasting days for complete rejuvenation and recovery. Works for me.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I find it very hard to fast on my training days. Monday and Wednesdays are 3 hours training sessions and fasting would not work.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic