Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What's the Real Problem? GH? Test?

F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
I started taking female test back in end of Jan/Feb given from a friend until we could get our appt in with the dr. I got bloodwork done, went in to the dr with symptoms of negative libido (for years), super hard to lose weight (it takes me 2 weeks longer on a clean diet which would normally take me), Super low energy, No drive or excitement to do fun things, Very bloated and hard to move, and just feeling like I'm breaking down.

Got bloodwork done, my test levels was coming in the middles of 300's, which they said was high.
He put me on test 40mg/ml 1x per week.
15mg Var
GH which I don't have exact dosage but we are 5 days on 2 off. (the syringe is the tiny ones and it only goes up about 4 lines)
Phentamine
Water pill

This was end of Feb. I was training for an event (not show).
April I went off everything except for the test and GH.

April I've had severe bilateral nerve and arm pain/tingling/numbness. Excruciating while I sleep as well. For years I thought I had carpal tunnel, but after a cervical X-ray found C7 T1 nerve impingement because of the straightening of my C spine. I go weekly to the Chiro and ART.
It hasn't been this bad for years.
I could barely function, exhausted, drained. Couldn't work out much, woke up exhausted everyday. I couldn't go back to sleep as my brain wasn't tired just eyes body.
Libido crashed. It was awesome for Feb and March, everyday. Now- absolutely gone.
I've been eating more as when I'm exhausted, I eat. Knowing I'd puff up.

I just had new bloodwork done as I seriously can't stand this any longer.
She says all my levels are perfect except my test is in the 400's.

As I stand today I did notice the outside of my lip getting long dark hairs which I never had. My voice has been hoarse and deeper since end of March.
But still have no libido, purely exhausted- beyond exhaustion, arms trashed.

I'm waiting to get back into the dr.
I'm off test anyway for the cycle off and started 15mg of var about 1 week ago.

It's just so confusing to me if my test levels are too high, why the energy, libido etc is not there?
Have you come across this? Ideas of what and why this is happening?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I have a bunch of questions:

1) What sort of doctor are you seeing?
2) I don't understand why, if you have high natural test levels, you were put on MORE test? What were your estro & progestorone levels?
3) A DOCTOR put you on test, var, gh, phentermine & water pills?
4) Did they check your thyroid?
5) You need to know what dose of gh you were on. High doses of gh can produce carpal tunnel-like effects.
6) What type of test?

This all sounds like a bunch of metabolic / endocrine issues, at a minimum, adrenal fatigue. But also curious about thyroid. Also in general, if you're naturally high test, where's the estro & progesterone? Test itself doesn't make everything cool - it takes a balance of all the sex hormones for your body to operate efficiently. Imbalances can produce all sorts of fun stuff from mood swings, to energy levels, to quality of sleep, etc.

Some additional comments in general:

1) If they are putting you on testosterone they should be warning you of the side effects, which include facial hair growth. Expected.
2) Wrist pain w/ GH - you need to understand your dosing. High dosing produces these sorts of sides.
3) Phentermine is basically prescription speed. If you research the effects that are not uncommon, they include fast heart rate, quickly getting winded, etc.
4) Did no one ask about your diet?

What were your stats when you started all this? I have no sense of where you started and what your goals were.

Very seriously you should be getting off all the exogenous hormones and work w/ a doctor to get yourself balanced before ****ing around w/ all this stuff again.

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
QUOTE=FitBean;309422]I started taking female test back in end of Jan/Feb given from a friend until we could get our appt in with the dr. I got bloodwork done, went in to the dr with symptoms of negative libido (for years), super hard to lose weight (it takes me 2 weeks longer on a clean diet which would normally take me), Super low energy, No drive or excitement to do fun things, Very bloated and hard to move, and just feeling like I'm breaking down.

Got bloodwork done, my test levels was coming in the middles of 300's, which they said was high.
15mg Var
GH which I don't have exact dosage but we are 5 days on 2 off. (the syringe is the tiny ones and it only goes up about 4 lines)
Phentamine
Water pill

April I've had severe bilateral nerve and arm pain/tingling/numbness. Excruciating while I sleep as well. For years I thought I had carpal tunnel, but after a cervical X-ray found C7 T1 nerve impingement because of the straightening of my C spine.

=====================================================
Sorry Gal unless that "X-ray" was an MRI and revealed spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Your using GH and have classic symptoms and one more feature could confirm the diagnosis clinically, exclusive of an exam.

Ok when you get this pain at night, which is uncommon for nerve root disease, does it AWAKEN YOU FROM SLEEP? Does it IMPROVE WHEN YOU SHAKE THE HAND VIGOROUSLY?

Regarding your other issues, perhaps your thyroid is contributing to your symptoms. I would consider performing a thyroid panel if not yet completed. Sounds like it's time for your DOC take a gander into these issues.

best
jim
======================================================

I go weekly to the Chiro and ART.
I could barely function, exhausted, drained. Couldn't work out much, woke up exhausted everyday. I couldn't go back to sleep as my brain wasn't tired just eyes body.
Libido crashed. It was awesome for Feb and March, everyday. Now- absolutely gone.

As I stand today I did notice the outside of my lip getting long dark hairs which I never had. My voice has been hoarse and deeper since end of March.

It's just so confusing to me if my test levels are too high, why the energy, libido etc is not there?
Have you come across this? Ideas of what and why this is happening?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks for the response…heres the answers to your questions in the reply:

i have a bunch of questions:

1) what sort of doctor are you seeing? This is a doctor that specializes in hormones etc. He works and tweaks a lot of the pro athletes and anyone who has a need for an "advantage" - the wait to get into him is months as of the quantity of people who live in this area who have $$, are professionals, or are aggressive with tweaking out their body. I'm not sure how else to explain it, hope that helped.

2) i don't understand why, if you have high natural test levels, you were put on more test? What were your estro & progestorone levels?
My natural levels of test weren't high. I started taking female test for about 1 month from "underground sources" while i waited to get into the doctor. I got blood done right before going to dr. The estro and progesterone levels are "perfect" as the nurse read to me from my last labs.

3) a doctor put you on test, var, gh, phentermine & water pills? Yes for a an event i was preparing for that i had a short time to get max results.

4) did they check your thyroid? Yes, the blood work tested that- normal

5) you need to know what dose of gh you were on. High doses of gh can produce carpal tunnel-like effects. I'm on 1.5iu 5/2 i'm just up in the middle of the night as my arms are bad. It's not just my wrists and forearms. It's deep from my armpits down. Goes into pec minor and lat. It never wakes up or subsides when i move and get circulation. It keeps going in waves.

6) what type of test? I asked my husband he hasn't responded yet on this (texted)

this all sounds like a bunch of metabolic / endocrine issues, at a minimum, adrenal fatigue. But also curious about thyroid. Also in general, if you're naturally high test, where's the estro & progesterone? Test itself doesn't make everything cool - it takes a balance of all the sex hormones for your body to operate efficiently. Imbalances can produce all sorts of fun stuff from mood swings, to energy levels, to quality of sleep, etc.

Some additional comments in general:

1) if they are putting you on testosterone they should be warning you of the side effects, which include facial hair growth. Expected. They did and i didn't want to get my levels high, they said my body is just sucking it up.

2) wrist pain w/ gh - you need to understand your dosing. High dosing produces these sorts of sides. According to everything i read online, my dosing is super low. I have been on it for 2.5 months and would stop if there is no gold at the end of the rainbow for this to stop and finally be ok. I "heard" for 6 months it can be like this as it fixes. If i stop, i don't want to go through the growing pains as it wears out and still be in this same position for months.

3) phentermine is basically prescription speed. If you research the effects that are not uncommon, they include fast heart rate, quickly getting winded, etc.
Never felt the effects of it. When it comes to stimulants, i have a high tolerance. I only felt the crash of this i suppose when i went off. I'm normally a very high energy person but was taking it to shed as much fat in a short amt of time for a short time taking it.

4) did no one ask about your diet? Of course. And my diet is normally on point. Thats my arena and i know how to diet to lean out. But there's the moments of wanting an advantage as i said before, it's a lot harder and longer for change to happen as i'm older (in 40's).

What were your stats when you started all this? I have no sense of where you started and what your goals were. I'm 41, 5'3". I have great muscle mass but puff up fast with sugar and carbs (obviously). My bf usually sits at about 20% on my thick off "seasons". My weight has changed from normal since starting test. I use to be about 130 and liked being at 123/5 for appearances/videos etc. After taking the 1 month of my initial test that my friend got me, my weight went to 146 (highest i've ever seen outside of pregnancy)
so i don't know what my real weight should be

very seriously you should be getting off all the exogenous hormones and work w/ a doctor to get yourself balanced before ****ing around w/ all this stuff again.

F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
QUOTE=FitBean;309422]I started taking female test back in end of Jan/Feb given from a friend until we could get our appt in with the dr. I got bloodwork done, went in to the dr with symptoms of negative libido (for years), super hard to lose weight (it takes me 2 weeks longer on a clean diet which would normally take me), Super low energy, No drive or excitement to do fun things, Very bloated and hard to move, and just feeling like I'm breaking down.

15mg Var
Phentamine
Water pill

April I've had severe bilateral nerve and arm pain/tingling/numbness. Excruciating while I sleep as well. For years I thought I had carpal tunnel, but after a cervical X-ray found C7 T1 nerve impingement because of the straightening of my C spine.

=====================================================
Sorry Gal unless that "X-ray" was an MRI and revealed spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Your using GH and have classic symptoms and one more feature could confirm the diagnosis clinically, exclusive of an exam.

Ok when you get this pain at night, which is uncommon for nerve root disease, does it AWAKEN YOU FROM SLEEP? Does it IMPROVE WHEN YOU SHAKE THE HAND VIGOROUSLY?

Regarding your other issues, perhaps your thyroid is contributing to your symptoms. I would consider performing a thyroid panel if not yet completed. Sounds like it's time for your DOC take a gander into these issues.

best
jim
======================================================

I go weekly to the Chiro and ART.

Have you come across this? Ideas of what and why this is happening?
[/QUOTE]

HEY- THANKS FOR THE REPLY
1) No it doesn't stop in the night when I shake my arms. It's constant throughout the night. It's insane pain and fire from my armpits down. Deep from Pec minor, lat, armpits.
It wakes me up and I just keep massaging and shaking it. It doesn't "wake up" I've had that before, this is different. No relief. This morning i was physically standing moving my arms and stretching it from 5am-5:40 and gave up and got on the computer as i couldn't go back to bed. It's still painful now as I type. I don't have any grip strength
2) They did run a thyroid and they said in my last labs last week, its normal.

F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
Cypinate Female Test 40mg/ml 1x per week.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
1) This is a doctor that specializes in hormones etc. He works and tweaks a lot of the pro athletes and anyone who has a need for an "advantage" - the wait to get into him is months as of the quantity of people who live in this area who have $$, are professionals, or are aggressive with tweaking out their body. I'm not sure how else to explain it, hope that helped. This guy sounds a little sketchy but there are dr.'s out there that will give people anything :(

2) My natural levels of test weren't high. I started taking female test for about 1 month from "underground sources" while i waited to get into the doctor. I got blood done right before going to dr. The estro and progesterone levels are "perfect" as the nurse read to me from my last labs. Cypinate Female Test 40mg/ml 1x per week. Not sure about the "Female" part but this amount should not be giving you those types of sides, except for the hair growth. I can't see how it would make you hoarse even if you were taking 15mg of var with it unless you are sensitive to it. Voice getting a little deeper is possible.

5) I'm on 1.5iu 5/2 i'm just up in the middle of the night as my arms are bad. It's not just my wrists and forearms. It's deep from my armpits down. Goes into pec minor and lat. It never wakes up or subsides when i move and get circulation. It keeps going in waves. You are on a very moderate dose, what you describe I highly doubt is from the gh. If you are on the good stuff, you might experience bloating, hand numbness etc..

6) I asked my husband he hasn't responded yet on this (texted) Cypinate Female Test 40mg/ml 1x per week I don't see this being a contributor

1) They did and i didn't want to get my levels high, they said my body is just sucking it up.Interesting, why not back down your dose to 20mg a week and see how things go, you will still get the hair growth though :(

2) According to everything i read online, my dosing is super low. I have been on it for 2.5 months and would stop if there is no gold at the end of the rainbow for this to stop and finally be ok. I "heard" for 6 months it can be like this as it fixes. If i stop, i don't want to go through the growing pains as it wears out and still be in this same position for months. your dose is fine but if you want, try 1iu. I used to go back and forth with 1-2ius

3) Never felt the effects of it. When it comes to stimulants, i have a high tolerance. I only felt the crash of this i suppose when i went off. I'm normally a very high energy person but was taking it to shed as much fat in a short amt of time for a short time taking it.If I were you, I would never touch this stuff again

I'm 41, 5'3". I have great muscle mass but puff up fast with sugar and carbs (obviously). My bf usually sits at about 20% on my thick off "seasons". My weight has changed from normal since starting test. I use to be about 130 and liked being at 123/5 for appearances/videos etc. After taking the 1 month of my initial test that my friend got me, my weight went to 146 (highest i've ever seen outside of pregnancy) Well, test, var and gh can all make you hold water so your weight going up isn't shocking. If and when you stop them, you will lose the water.

My advice is to drop the test dose to 20mg a week and stay off the var for a while, I personally would drop the gh but that's just me. I stopped gh a long time ago and feel just fine without it.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
You're probably at TRT levels w/ the test cyp, altho I don't like the long-acting esters for women. The GH shouldn't really be causing issues at 1.5IU. I would probably be looking at the impingement thing you mentioned earlier as the source of wrist, etc. pain. If anything the cyp / var / GH should be helping to alleviate some of the pain.

The overall things you're experiencing still sound like thyroid or adrenal fatigue. I dont' know that either of these show up explicitly in test results, or may be subject to being on the "edge of normal" for you to be experiencing these sorts of things.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What is "female test?"

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
======================

. It's still painful now as I type. I don't have any grip strength
.[/QUOTE]

========================================================================
Again, your upper extremity neurological symptoms are NOT consistent with nerve root impingement, especially if the diagnosis was based upon "plain film" X-Rays, obtained in a Chiropractors office.

It's important for you to know standard X-Rays are unable to define or determine "CAUSATION" in patients with cervical compression syndromes.

Moreover "straightening of the cervical spine" is not a medical diagnosis, and although a "reversal of the cervical lordosis" (the medical term) may occur it's invariably the result of reversible para-spinus muscular spasm, which certainly does NOT CAUSE nerve root compression.

These factors are very important because i have observed patients linger in "non-physician" offices, receiving bi-weekly "treatments" and develop MUSCULAR ATROPHY because of "benign neglect". Fact is, a classic WARNING SIGN of impending atrophy is the "loss of strength" in the involved muscle group!

i would therefore strongly suggest you obtain a formal diagnosis for your neurologic symptoms. However whether that involves neuro-imaging such as CT or MRI, or an evaluation for CTS by another physician, I'm unable to say, but I do wish you well.

Regs
Jim

Last edited:
F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks Jim!
Appreciate it. I went today for my adjustment and he says he thinks it could be because of the muscle mass I'm building.
I am more dense and also am holding more fat and water weight right now as I mentioned above went into snacking mode because of the exhaustion.

I am scheduled to get an updated C-spine X-ray on Monday and from that will request to get an MRI.
Thanks for your help.

======================

. It's still painful now as I type. I don't have any grip strength

========================================================================
Again, your upper extremity neurological symptoms are NOT consistent with nerve root impingement, especially if the diagnosis was based upon "plain film" X-Rays, obtained in a Chiropractors office.

It's important for you to know standard X-Rays are unable to define or determine "CAUSATION" in patients with cervical compression syndromes.

Moreover "straightening of the cervical spine" is not a medical diagnosis, and although a "reversal of the cervical lordosis" (the medical term) may occur it's invariably the result of reversible para-spinus muscular spasm, which certainly does NOT CAUSE nerve root compression.

These factors are very important because i have observed patients linger in "non-physician" offices, receiving bi-weekly "treatments" and develop MUSCULAR ATROPHY because of "benign neglect". Fact is, a classic WARNING SIGN of impending atrophy is the "loss of strength" in the involved muscle group!

i would therefore strongly suggest you obtain a formal diagnosis for your neurologic symptoms. However whether that involves neuro-imaging such as CT or MRI, or an evaluation for CTS by another physician, I'm unable to say, but I do wish you well.

Regs
Jim[/QUOTE]

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Another X-Ray what would that prove except you still have the same number of bones? Seriously!

Yet I suppose the "alignment" could also worsen or improve, which primarily depends upon how the PATIENT is aligned with the X-RAY machine itself!

As you wish gal.

Jim

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic