Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Whats in your salad?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have had two people comment that my salads look like I threw a bunch of crap from the fridge in a bowl.My general salad comes from Whole foods salad bar.I go in twice a week and get enough to last me until my next trip.

Spinach
A bunch of "greens"that look like they came from my yard

Radishes
Cabbage
Broccoli
Kale
Sprouted beans and lentils (YUM)
Chicken breast
Quinoa
shredded carrots
Boiled eggs
a few pumpkin seeds

I use Udo's oil on top and thats it
sometimes i add a bit of cottage cheese too it

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I have had two people comment that my salads look like I threw a bunch of crap from the fridge in a bowl.My general salad comes from Whole foods salad bar.I go in twice a week and get enough to last me until my next trip.

Spinach
A bunch of "greens"that look like they came from my yard

Radishes
Cabbage
Broccoli
Kale
Sprouted beans and lentils (YUM)
Chicken breast
Quinoa
shredded carrots
Boiled eggs
a few pumpkin seeds

I use Udo's oil on top and thats it
sometimes i add a bit of cottage cheese too it

Just wanted to point out that whole foods is amazing....too bad it get the nickname "Whole Paycheck" for being expensive because the food quality is second to none. If I made some serious scratch there is no other place I would shop.

As for salads, it depends on what I'm trying to do. Just a regular salad on a regular day I'll throw just about anything on there. If I'm cutting I'll just eat a huge bowl of straight raw spinach with a low fat no carb oil-type dressing. Digestion is very important while trying to lose weight....greens like spinach and romaine lettuce generally take longer to be digested than other foods but they also do a good job of clearing the way for future meals.

I think the best thing to add to a salad is meat. Usually thinly sliced cut up turkey or chicken in my favorite. Tuna mixed with olive oil mayo also is pretty good. But Carrots...I cannot stand carrots on my salad. If you know me and you serve me a salad with carrots you're gonna be wearing that salad as eco-friendly attire.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
that looks like a great salad. i love salad but i also like bad things on my salad :eek:! i dont eat them much because of that. poor discipline!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
that looks like a great salad. i love salad but i also like bad things on my salad :eek:! i dont eat them much because of that. poor discipline!

Let's be honest here...if poor discipline gets you a body like yours then I'm sure most women don't even know what discipline is, lol.

I know RR can stick to a good plan when she wants to. She's probably the strongest woman I know. So, I give her props for that.....and you props for wanting "bad" things on your salad, lol. All of us at one time or another have eaten a 1000+ calorie salad I'm sure

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
That sounds really good RR. altho i only like kale in soups...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I usually buy the bagged lettuce that comes with shredded carrots, cabbage and whatever else is in the bag. Add marinated mushrooms in vinegar, some almonds or walnuts, feta or goat cheese, chicken breast or tuna, avocado, broccoli or string beans and whatever else is left over :)

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I agree they are expensive.It is 7.99 a lb but generally 10 bucks worth lasts me three days .I figure if I were to buy lunch somewhere that it would be more expensive than that.

They have the best salad bar around here though.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i wish we had such places in smallville. i just buy the bagged salad and then dip pieces in ranch dressing :D

i would take a big old juicy steak anytime over a salad though :D

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
salad? SALAD? PFFT! rabbit food...
j/k, i put hardboiled eggs, avacado, beans (any and all), tuna, chicken, steak, tomatoes, black olives, fresh broccoli, spinach, cheese (cottage, cheddar, parmesan), pretty much anything i can find i'll throw in there.
usually on the rare occasion that i eat salad, it'll weigh 10 lbs and be considered a whole meal. lol

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hisangriness I think your "salad" may be classified as a meal on a bed of greens lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic