Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What's everybody doing this week and for Easter weekend?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
What is everybody doing this whole week, then for Easter day/weekend?

Traveling? What are you cooking/eating? Nothing? Working?

Looks like my dad and brother and family are coming to our house on Saturday for dinner, and then probably again on Sunday for leftovers.

Since my kiddos are still young, we're gonna pull out their Easter baskets and fill them with some candy as a surprise. Then do probably 2 billion egg hunts:eek:

Looks like everybody wants another Ham dinner, so my dad will make that, along with the coca-cola/brown sugar sweet gravy. Not sure about a dessert.

My brother will probably make the devil eggs and mashed potatoes, and I don't know what else.

Myself...since I like cooking, and I don't have to drive to their house, i'm gonna make the following:

Smoked homemade Mac & Cheese
Smoked baked beans
A new sweet potato dish to try out
Mexican street corn (from Costco)
A lime cake
An apple dump cake with ice cream

Sunday, i'm going to smoke up some ribs....2-3 racks.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Having an Easter lunch on Saturday because of custody issues. Girlfriend and her 20-something son are here too.
  • 12 lb ham
  • candied yams
  • green bean casserole
  • brown-n-serve rolls
  • apple cobbler pie

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Headed down Mom's for Easter with the family. Despite my young men being grown up, we still do up Easter baskets. I will get the wife some flowers and when she wakes up on Sunday, the house will smell of hyacinth. Going to try and stick to my diet somewhat. Off from work on Monday.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
you’re not supposed to gather with your family for Easter. what’s wrong with you people? The only people that are allowed to gather in large groups are illegal immigrants. get that straight you entitled Americans!

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Church and Sushi (not at the same time)....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
What is everybody doing this whole week, then for Easter day/weekend?

Traveling? What are you cooking/eating? Nothing? Working?

Looks like my dad and brother and family are coming to our house on Saturday for dinner, and then probably again on Sunday for leftovers.

Since my kiddos are still young, we're gonna pull out their Easter baskets and fill them with some candy as a surprise. Then do probably 2 billion egg hunts:eek:

Looks like everybody wants another Ham dinner, so my dad will make that, along with the coca-cola/brown sugar sweet gravy. Not sure about a dessert.

My brother will probably make the devil eggs and mashed potatoes, and I don't know what else.

Myself...since I like cooking, and I don't have to drive to their house, i'm gonna make the following:

Smoked homemade Mac & Cheese
Smoked baked beans
A new sweet potato dish to try out
Mexican street corn (from Costco)
A lime cake
An apple dump cake with ice cream

Sunday, i'm going to smoke up some ribs....2-3 racks.

Whats an apple dump cake?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Headed to my mothers. Roasted Lamb Heads, goat, penne, broccoli rabe and sausage.

I bought an LB of Giant Mortadella, some Calabrese Sopressata (spicy as hell) basket cheese and some hot pepper spread. There better be a proscutto bread of someone is getting smacked!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Headed to my mothers. Roasted Lamb Heads, goat, penne, broccoli rabe and sausage.

I bought an LB of Giant Mortadella, some Calabrese Sopressata (spicy as hell) basket cheese and some hot pepper spread. There better be a proscutto bread of someone is getting smacked!

Wow....you white folk really go Italian in yer area!: heh heh heh:D Sounds awesome man....wish we had some Italian in our family.

My wife's cousin from Mexico married an Italian guy, and they live in Italy. I don't even know how they met. He does some kind of IT work, I think he may be a spy or something because he is always short on details and says he can't say anything about it (typical Italian, huh? lol). Anyway, after they met and married, he was doing some work down in Brazil for a few years. Would have been nice to travel to Italia this last year but Covid eff'd that up.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Whats an apple dump cake?

Easiest recipe in the world....like super easy:
Cherry Dump Cake + Video (theslowroasteditalian.com)

I'm gonna use apple instead of cherry since the kiddos 'may' like it better. I've made a similar version of it a different way, with a few more steps, using blueberries a few years back, and the family loved it. I've never used this recipe, so it's up in the air on how well it goes and tastes:confused:

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Headed down Mom's for Easter with the family. Despite my young men being grown up, we still do up Easter baskets. I will get the wife some flowers and when she wakes up on Sunday, the house will smell of hyacinth. Going to try and stick to my diet somewhat. Off from work on Monday.

I seen a meme on FB where 2 older kids got baskets, but instead of an Easter basket with candy and such, it was a clothes hamper basket with cleaning supplies...hahaha:D

It was so damn funny. I'm so gonna do that to my kids when they are older!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic