What's New?

Whatcha Squatting These Days???

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Knee or back issues?

Back.

i had two herniated discs repaired last July.

im pretty much pain free now but I'm concerned about re injuring myself.

sometimes if I strain when lifting something up while standing I feel a crack in the lower back area. So I'm thinking squatting and dead lifting would be a bad idea.

I tested out dead lifts about a month or so ago. Back felt ok, but I'm not sure it's smart.

i felt that crack sensation with just 185 on dead lifts.

I felt that sensation last week to while I was don't shrugs with the smith machine and it was only 185.

im not sure what that crack feeling.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I did it bro. 655lb squat today. Followed up with a 640lb deadlift, but I missed my third attempt at 675, right at the knees. All in all, I'm incredibly happy with my progress. Next goal will be 700 for both.

DAMN... both in the same day. That's big time. You pulling conventional or sumo?

Have you ever tried glute bridges? They helped me big time with finishing my pull.

F

flex22

May 3, 2012
about a month ago I got 445 for 2 deep reps. I just gotta always be careful especially when squatting because I got a screw in my right hip stemming from a football injury back during high school years. So becuz of that I rarely go below 5 reps. As of now my current 5 rep max is 405x5 reps. My best deadlift is 565 for a single and not long ago came insanely close to a 585 single.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic