Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

What would you do?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
So, I have 5lbs to go to get to my target weight, it's just a weight where I feel comfortable and look good at :) The problem is that I still have quite a bit of bf to drop (7ish percent) to get to my goal. Now, the real predicament, since I switched from mid day cardio to fasting cardio I am losing weight too fast, 1/2lb a day consistently. I haven't dropped my calorie intake, and was only about 200 under maintenance since I want to add lean mass. I am torn, do I try to add 700-800 calories a day to offset the difference (to drop back to a lean sparing 1/4lb a day loss) or should I just go with it til the 5lbs are gone and then work at adding lean muscle back? I "could" in theory just reduce the cardio sessions, but it really is burning fat like a furnace...I can visibly see the fat is going (have to test again today to see what the bioelectrical impedence says).

I have reduced my carb intake, but I have upped my protein to offset the difference, so I am just blown away that I am losing so fast. I am torn between the "reach my goal for weight and bf%" and "grow bigger muscles", so I am just curious how other gals would approach this. My instinct (or maybe my vanity-hard to tell) says go with it for another week and then modify....maybe it is just a factor of the change in routine? I guess if the bf is dropping as fast as the weight is falling off I should just be happy and keep going LOL. My plan was to reach target bf and then add in some SizeOn, I have used that in the past and added lean mass nicely with it....perhaps I should add it before I reach target?

Anyway, as you can see this has me a bit confused and searching for a solution....any and all advice about how you would handle the situation is appreciated.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I would try adding an additional 200-250 cal. to see if this will get you to your mark!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
dang, i wish i had this problem.

i would increase your calories slowly. maybe try adding 200 more at a time for a week and track how it goes. any rapid changes and you might kick in the fat storing properties. an 800 calorie increase for a day might not be bad but over a few weeks it might really add up and then you are back to where you started.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks :) I was thinking the same thing, just up them slowly til I find that sweet spot. I tested bf again, and of the last 3.5lbs I have lost, 2.67 of it was fat (assuming the bioelectrical impedence is accurate), so Im not losing an appreciable amount of muscle...yet. I am going to keep going and add the Sizeon to my routine earlier, it is about the right amount of calories to fill the gap and has creatine....so it should help me to at least preserve muscle.

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
I was going to suggest the same thing...or, stop cardio altogether. I don't do much of it, and I an consistently losing about 1/2-1 lb per week since starting my cut. I am eating at a deficit of about 300-500 cals less than maintenance. and very little cardio has kept the weight quite consistent while dropping bf% and maintaining muscle and strength. Good luck. that's just me .02 :)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I guess I am not going to complain too much, I seem to have found a "sweet spot" and am consistently dropping bf and gaining lean mass....go me LOL. I have put on 1.5lbs lean in a very short time. I modified slightly, I added a pre workout with creatine and 150cals and dropped back to 45 minutes instead of an hour cardio for 3 days and the other 2 an hour, seems to be just right at the moment :)

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I havent ever been to show .Myself and 3 other Bro's had plans to meet up for the Arnold Classic in Ohio this year and damn plans fell through . I would have to say my expectations would be such as yours if the competetors didnt look such like a magazine article.Photoshop must be a wonderful thing , But again I cant speak to loudly here as I am no where near or even close to good enough shape to do a show so , my hats off to all those that have the pride to step on stage regardless of there flaws.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic