Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

What will the fitness industry look like moving forward?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
This goes back all the way to Bally's and then Golds, etc.. that came up with these long term contracts.. If all the with New Year's resolutions folks that signed up actually worked out over a month, we would be working out at home because we couldn't get through the front door.

Yea, Bally's was signing up contracts like they were loans. There was no way out of them until large law suits got started. I think every state in the USA filed a law suit on them including the SEC. Here in Texas they were sending past due notices out to people who had already quit trying to force them into paying again. They got sued by the state over that. They pretty much got sued into bankruptcy. Fitting end to a corrupt organization.

noiseboy

noiseboy

Apr 10, 2020
Well, how does the gym look now that some are open?

Our gyms have reopened with masks, gloves, social distancing and limited people. I have no intention of going back under such oppressive circumstances. So off to complete my own garage gym. So far:

a0d598bc3147d86873c7118418657a81.jpg

The gym so far. Built the leg press/hack squat. Brought the old power rack, adjustable bench, bar, weights and adjustable dumbbells from SA yesterday. I’ve got posters to hang. Dumbbell racks arrive today. Fixed dumbbells and the rest of the Olympic plates in two weeks. Then the prime fitness HLP plate loaded rack in 6 weeks. We’LL need help with prime rack and have a big party feast. We’ll be looking to sell the old power rack when the prime arrives more than likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Well, how does the gym look now that some are open?

Our gyms have reopened with masks, gloves, social distancing and limited people. I have no intention of going back under such oppressive circumstances. So off to complete my own garage gym. So far:

a0d598bc3147d86873c7118418657a81.jpg

The gym so far. Built the leg press/hack squat. Brought the old power rack, adjustable bench, bar, weights and adjustable dumbbells from SA yesterday. I’ve got posters to hang. Dumbbell racks arrive today. Fixed dumbbells and the rest of the Olympic plates in two weeks. Then the prime fitness HLP plate loaded rack in 6 weeks. We’LL need help with prime rack and have a big party feast. We’ll be looking to sell the old power rack when the prime arrives more than likely.

Nice setup. Let me know what you want for the old rack when the prime arrives.

noiseboy

noiseboy

Apr 10, 2020
I was going to try to add an Ironmaster Super Bench Pro to the garage gym. Their site went live yesterday at 10am pst. I entered their que and was randomly selected as #6652 in line. I finally had a turn to shop their site after 8pm pst. Lol... that means there were that many people shopping gear! What do you think? Of course, everything was sold...lol. It’s a crazy world and lots of people are in the same boat. They’re working out at home still and I suspect will continue at home indefinitely. How’s your gym experience going?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So far no fitness boom here. Wearing a contaminated mask over and over is a lot less work than 20 minutes of cardio and lifting a dumbbell.

Ditto!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My coach has reopened his private gym. He says a lot of people will not be coming back due to not having sufficient money or not being ready to train outside their home due to the risk of catching coronavirus. We'll know in a few weeks how bad it will be as that is when our state has said they hope to re-open everything (we're pretty close right now).

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
It’s back to normal here for the most part.
I found a smaller garage gym. Tons of hammer strength, Icarian, cybex.
Very little cardio equipment.
No pool
No basketball courts etc.

It eliminates a lot of non lifters and kids.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Stage 4 of reopening starts in my part of NY this Friday and gyms are still not allowed to open, no timeline given either

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Stage 4 of reopening starts in my part of NY this Friday and gyms are still not allowed to open, no timeline given either
Damn, I forget some places still aren't open.

Sucks bro.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic