What's New?

What was your first job?

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
For me it was 16 yrs old in 1993
Kentucky fried chicken. $4.25 per hour.
I worked three hours and called it quits.
12$ bucks before taxes lol

later that summer got into construction.
Now days I am a part owner of two different contracting companies.

D

Dony

TID Lady Member
Sep 14, 2022
For me it was 16 yrs old in 1993
Kentucky fried chicken. $4.25 per hour.
I worked three hours and called it quits.
12$ bucks before taxes lol

later that summer got into construction.
Now days I am a part owner of two different contracting companies.
Sounds like a cool success story :D

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Got a paper route when I was 11. Saved for a used 3 wheel bicycle with one of those big ass baskets so I could pick up a second route without making several trips to the house.

Got a job at taco bell when I was 14. You had to be 16 but the GM was my mother's cousin. I just put I was 16. I looked almost 18 though.

They weren't as strict as as they are today.

Speaking of not being as strict, when I was in kindergarten, my mom would give me a buck to get cigarettes for her.

I would walk up to the station and explain they were for mom. They would laugh at me and say they knew they were for me and sell them.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Had a paper route when I was young, along as a side job that my parents did on the side for a few years, back in the late 80's and early 90's.

They also cleaned a few laundromats as a side job in the mid-80's as well, and i'd help them with those every damn night:eek:

My dad had a business where he cleaned exhaust hoods, fans, and filters of restaurants, and I did that as a kid as well....like pre-10 years old. He did that for about a decade, and I did it a little while in high school to make extra money.

My cousin and I would go around and mow yards and rake leaves when we were kids too.

My first 'real' job was over a summer while in high school working on a yard at an oil company....just various go-for stuff. Another guy and I put a bunch of gas down in a huge ant hills, then blew it up....it was fukken cooler than shit seeing it explode!!! That was not part of the job, just something an older regular guy and I did on the weekend once, lol.

I had a temp job once for a company that made the plastic coverings for batteries and other various......plastic things. It was in a hot warehouse.

Had another temp job doing 'fix-it' stuff with some guys on expensive homes that were being built.

Worked at a home for mentally retarded people for about 1.5 years. I feel like I almost went crazy working there myself. Metally tough job that had some fun times.

Then worked as a yard aid and bus monitor for a few school districts as well before going off to college.

I never worked fast food or anything like that. I did kitchen work while in college as a dietetic student and afterward for a short while.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020

For those of us in fast food we had to watch videos like this for our training.
Can you imagine today? Download the link from your phone. Lol

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Some of these are hilarious telling people to bathe as part of hygiene.

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015

Age 13 did it for 2 summers

Last edited:
slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
My first job was working at a country club as a caddy. I learned some useful skills. There was some people that made 100% of their money honestly and others that weren't quite as honest. I learned that in life it's who you know that matters more than what you know. I would spend 4 to 4.5 hours at a time carrying a golf bag around a golf course listening to people do business. I did that for about 3 or 4 years. There was a lot of multi millionaires and at least a few billionaires that I caddied for. There was one guy that is a billionaire now that was my favorite person to caddy for. Really nice guy and I learned quite a bit via osmosis somehow. One skill I picked up was being able to earn people's trust and tell me things they're not comfortable sharing with others. I picked up some other skills as well such as being able to call incompetence pretty well. That can piss people off because they might be trying their best but they're just not very good at their job. In some ways it taught me how to think at a very early age. From others I learned how to spot opportunity or how to leverage relationships.

Slic.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Got a paper route when I was 11. Saved for a used 3 wheel bicycle with one of those big ass baskets so I could pick up a second route without making several trips to the house.

Got a job at taco bell when I was 14. You had to be 16 but the GM was my mother's cousin. I just put I was 16. I looked almost 18 though.

They weren't as strict as as they are today.

Speaking of not being as strict, when I was in kindergarten, my mom would give me a buck to get cigarettes for her.

I would walk up to the station and explain they were for mom. They would laugh at me and say they knew they were for me and sell them.

My mother used to give me money and a note haha. I'd walk to the store and hand the clerk the note that I was buying smokes for my mom. I was probably 9 or 10.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
First job was at an ice Cream shop making $4-5 an hour. I was 14 and a family friend owned it. I had various job’s during HS and I can say the worst was at a restaurant. I lasted two days before I quit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic