Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What was your first job?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
For me it was picking melons at 13. There were a few fields down the road I lived on and I walked down and asked for a job. I told the guy I was 16 and he paid us 5.00 an hour under the table. My dad told me what ever I saved for a car he'd double it. I saved up 5000 and of course he didn't lol.
My first real job was working at McDonald's at 16 and they literally started you at the bottom. I had to clean the black lot parking areas the lobby and the bathrooms. It took me a year to get on the grill and never got to work the cash registers because I was male.
Oh the irony of sexual discrimination! I didn't care as the only reason I wanted to work out front was because it was across the street from a college and pretty girls back then loved burgers and fries instead of bird food.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
First was under the table landscaping work for the second estate of a very wealthy family who lived out of state.

First "real" job was kitchen work at a somewhat higher end steak house. I was in high school at the time and it put gas money in my pocket. Looking back, I had no idea how there were adults there making ends meet with a starting wage of $8/hr.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Grounds keeper at a local lake. I was 15. Cut the grass, sling blade, trash, sold bait, rented boats.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Mowing lawns around the neighborhood. My dad would offer my service to the community then take the money I made to buy drugs.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm with FD. Got my first paper route in 5th grade. Back then, I had to pay for my papers, and then go collect from the customers every week.

You'd be surprised at the number of grown-ups who tried to convince me they had already paid, when I had records of all collections, LOL

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Paper route at 10 years old. Back then, parents were a lot more permissive and I even went door to door....at night....alone.....driven by my district manager.....soliciting for new subscriptions.

Then McDonald's at 16. Lousy job but learned a lot, and we had a lot of fun. Back then it was one of the busiest in the country....no drive-thru.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
My first official job was at a restaurant called Bonanza as a busboy. After a while, I was promoted to fry cook. I was a big shot then. Also lost my virginity there. I was 16. She was 19. First heartbreak, too (same girl).

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Pumping gas at Getty gas station. $3 an hour cash. 1979

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
My first job was hauling hay at 14-15 yo. It was hot, dirty but so much fun! It was me & 3 buddies usually & my one buddies little brother drove the truck for us.
I have never worked in the food service industry. I’m not sure what my first real job was, that’s been many years ago.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
My first job was staying out of jail when I turned 18 moved out of California to Nevada to work out of my dads motorcycle shop and raced professionally. Fell in love quit racing and worked for a foundry then blah blah blah ,welder than plumbing.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
My first job was staying out of jail when I turned 18 moved out of California to Nevada to work out of my dads motorcycle shop and raced professionally. Fell in love quit racing and worked for a foundry then blah blah blah ,welder than plumbing.
Are you still a plumber? Around here they make bank & are really hard to get on the side.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic