RalfKelleh
What's New?

What type of pillow do you use?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what type of pillow(s) do you use?

my neck vertebra have some arthritic changes going on and i am having hell finding a pillow that helps keep things lined up. the arthritis causes inflammation around the nerves and it inteferes with my ability to swollow food. it is worse in the mornings and then gets better through the day as i move around which is to be expected with any arthritic issues.

does anyone know any majic brand of pillow? i have tried most of the ones out there. i even have some buckwheat ones that maybe i should revist. they are just so damn noisey when you move!

i cant lay on my sides as it kills my shoulders and so i sleep on my stomach or my back. right now i have two cheap pillows that i wad up to try and fit whatever position i am laying but there has to be something better out there.

M

mja1955

May 19, 2013
I have found that piling up three pillows for the head and neck helps. Also sleep with one or two between your knees, let me know how your doing

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
Great post AllTheWay! I have major neck issues as well and sleeping and trying to get comfortable is almost impossible. I'm a back sleeper and over the years I've purchased more pillows than i care to think about, unfortunately I'm yet to find one that gives me neck support in that sweet spot between the base of the head and the neck. I'm currently alternating between no pillow, my buckwheat pillow, and a small towel that I roll up and and tuck under the sweet spot.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
a rolled up towel/shirt etc under the neck helps me. The memory foam pillows are OK if they are shaped correctly, but so expensive and IMO not worth the money. The neck pillows that they sell for flying are what I replicate with a shirt or towel. Also, keeping your hands on your chest (like in a coffin) while back sleeping is a major good habit to get into. I had shoulder issues and found that sleeping on my side was the worst. But once I learned to sleep with my hands down (not over my hear) even when sleeping on my side I am golden. I just have to have a pillow under my head to take up the space that I used to take up with my arm.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Sealy memory foam pillow here ... It's fairly firm and large but I notice a big difference even with good breathing etc while sleeping on my back I find mysel rolling over far less

kkiniaus

kkiniaus

Jul 31, 2014
what type of pillow(s) do you use?

my neck vertebra have some arthritic changes going on and i am having hell finding a pillow that helps keep things lined up. the arthritis causes inflammation around the nerves and it inteferes with my ability to swollow food. it is worse in the mornings and then gets better through the day as i move around which is to be expected with any arthritic issues.

does anyone know any majic brand of pillow? i have tried most of the ones out there. i even have some buckwheat ones that maybe i should revist. they are just so damn noisey when you move!

i cant lay on my sides as it kills my shoulders and so i sleep on my stomach or my back. right now i have two cheap pillows that i wad up to try and fit whatever position i am laying but there has to be something better out there.

I find when its neck pain from vertebrae the muscles surrounding tighten up causing even more pain. I like to get acupuncture/dry needling after big session at the gym and use a heat pack to lay on (ontop of my pillow)...usually by the time it cools down i can drift off.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I have a buckwheat pillow and I use a thin cheap pillow on top of that.. I run the cheap pillow at a 70 degree angle so it runs down under my chest and makes for a nice transitional angle between my torso and head supporting the neck , I sleep on my stomach , this also helps me to breath well.

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
On my back with a neck roll only. Works great for me and my aging neck.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I am a side sleeper and have to have a body length pillow. It saves my shoulders and hips.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Another necro. This is almost 3 years old.

I have tried a bunch of different pillows, most of them have sucked. A lot of these memory foam pillows aren't shaped well or hurt my ears.

Recently I found a memory foam pillow that has a thin pillow top to prevent sore face/ears and it's more square like a pillow should be.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
The kind i shove gmans face into when....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic