Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

What Type Of Physique Do You Want For Power Lifting?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
That is actually the norm for elite level Oly lifters. The idea that strength athletes are fat slobs just isn't the case. I can post more than a dozen 85, 95, and 105kg Oly lifters who are very lean.

You can be lean and strong but you won't see strength athletes having a small waist or muscles in bber proportions like biceps matching calves in size and the rest...

If you want to put a PLer who is lean and big you should put a pic up of Dan Green.

Someone simply implied that you can't look like a BBer and be powerful, or something like that. I was simply roving him wrong. There are guys out there with amazing physiques that are powerful as hell.

Yes, Dan Green is a beast. Very awesome build AND strength.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Thanks for chiming in porky. I was really excited to hear your input.

I wanna be built like you. I don't care about having abs, but I wanna "look" like i lift something, you know ?

Are you gonna do a mega bulk up to like 350 anytime in the future ?

Thanks, man.

Honestly, and Brandon will say the same thing, the physique comes from not worrying about your physique and just doing your main movements for low reps, auxiliary stuff for higher reps, and eating a LOT of clean food.

For APF Nationals a few years back my coach told me to put on some weight fast. I took in 12000+ calories a day, mostly clean, and in 4 weeks went from 290 to 330.
I CAN put on weight when I need to, but it's not healthy. I had pitting edema in my ankles, my feet were swollen bad enough to where my foot didn't have an arch, and I felt like shit.

I don't try to consciously put on weight any more. I do some conditioning work that I hold myself to as a general guidepost for how healthy I am. When that starts to suffer I adjust my diet accordingly.
Having been pretty small for most of my life I just don't have the frame to hold 400# like some guys do.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
If you are doing it for physique then stick to bodybuilding

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It's a simple question. "Hey, I want to be a powerlifter but I want to look somewhat decent too. Who's body type would you choose if those were your goals?"

I would choose either Mariusz Pudzianowski back when he was WSM at 298lbs and had abs, or an athlete like Hector Lombard or Gleison Tibau (except obviously at my height and width).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic