Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

What Type Of Physique Do You Want For Power Lifting?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I know the first goal is strength, but getting larger is fun too.

Just wondering, what everyone wants to look like, or if they don't care.

Personally, I would like to look like an off season body builder and have my #1 goal as strength.

I've always wanted to be huge, but I wanna be strong too.

Thought it would be fun to hear everyone's input on what their goals are relating their physiques.

So, do you have a goal in mind? Or does a certain type of physique not interest you.

I like Brandon Lilly's look. That's a nice goal I think.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
My goal physique is something similar to pro men's physique. Along the lines of Mark Anthony...

MarkAnthonyWingson3.jpg

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
cvid.jpg

Nice and thick, powerful as hell!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
My ideal physique is that of flex lewis at mr O

Last edited:
Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
So you wanna be a power lifter and look like marc anthony?? Lol . That guys looks like he does arms 3x a week.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Most women love those physics but I prefer caring more muscle.one dude that I always admired was Matt mendenhal.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Just wondering, what everyone wants to look like, or if they don't care.

FLEXjs

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So you wanna be a power lifter and look like marc anthony?? Lol . That guys looks like he does arms 3x a week.

I hit the "New posts" button and didn't notice a BBing type question in the PLing section. To ask what physique you want in the PLing section and only expect PLers to reply is retarded.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
To be powerful isn't to look like a bber. You can be lean but a bber's physique will make you anything but strong.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Mate if your #1 is strength and you want to look good as well, whatever your individual definition of good is, then bloody go for it. There is no wrong answer. Personally I'm not in to the huge lifts thing, as long as I'm stronger than the average and it makes day to day life easier I'm happy but have nothing but respect for the blokes that pull big numbers I'd never be able too. If I had to pick a ideal look for a PL though, someone with some hardcore thickness is badass. Enough definition to see the inner back muscles budging is bad ass and some shape in the legs, chest will always be there everyone's got that.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
To be powerful isn't to look like a bber. You can be lean but a bber's physique will make you anything but strong.

To an extent. But there is a best of both worlds. Coleman was pulling over 800 lbs during contest prep. Matt krocvaleski has recently transitioned from powerlifting to bodybuilding and isn't having too much trouble. You can be both, it'll just take more time, and you won't be the BEST at both. Pick one as your primary and use the other as your side show. You can be big and strong, just know your main goal and prioritize it. I'm into both power and bodybuilding. Being competitive at both is ideal for me.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Nothing wrong with being a lean PLer. Sure, this guy doesn't look powerful at all and just looks like a puny BBer, right?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic