Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

What took you too long to learn?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Good form!!!...I feel as tho that if I would have exercised correct form, I wouldn't have quite the joint issues I have now?...

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
How to bench properly, I have a shoulder that's needed to be replaced since I was 38

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
For me it was diet. I was always scared of losing muscle, so my diet philosophy was eat big to get big. Nobody I was surrounded by focused heavily on their diets and I fell right in line. I was always big and strong, but constantly bloated and never really lean.

It's been withing the past 5 years or so that I started focusing on my diet and nutrition. Of course, as I got older overall health became more important and with that, my diet. I realized really quick how important diet and nutrition were. If I knew then what I know now, I truly believe my overall physique would have turned out completely different.

rosoo

rosoo

Apr 25, 2022
Mine was deadlift - till date i yet to know how to do it properly neither i will do deadlift as i always workout alone and i am worried i will end up with lower back injuries. i only focus on other lower back exercise and never deadlift as i seen friend hurting himself and end up he quit gym for good.. which is not something i want to happened to my life

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
Overtraining.......I used to prioritize my leg days over all the rest. Multiple times a week.....and no matter what I did I was walking on Chickens. Genetically my legs grow much slower than the rest of me. Then I realized that if i train my legs once every 7-10 days they would heal properly and then they magically started to grow.

The moral of the story is that most of us have weak spots in our muscle groups and you need to pay attention to resting those areas more than the others or its way too easy to over train them.

rosoo

rosoo

Apr 25, 2022
Overtraining.......I used to prioritize my leg days over all the rest. Multiple times a week.....and no matter what I did I was walking on Chickens. Genetically my legs grow much slower than the rest of me. Then I realized that if i train my legs once every 7-10 days they would heal properly and then they magically started to grow.

The moral of the story is that most of us have weak spots in our muscle groups and you need to pay attention to resting those areas more than the others or its way too easy to over train them.
yes sir ... and thanks for your advice i now split my legs to 2 days a week, one day doing squat then do other groups then after 3 days then focus on calf, Adduction vs. Abduction, as nowadays i cant do everything in 1 day anymore unlike in the past when i am younger..

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
For it my lesson was in overtraining, because I was lifting for size and strength. Excepting for the times I was running tren at high does and eating 6000-7000 calories a day, I was overtraining for years.

I've found in recent years I can maintain my large structure on 5 days a week and a 4 day split. As long as I'm properly tearing down my muscles each workout, I can go 5-7 days before I hit that group again. When I was young I figured, more is better. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't!

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
For me, about training.......
Took me awhile to learn and feel muscle movements and mind-muscle connection on specific parts. Some muscles i have always felt engaged. But last couple of years only had i realized part of my legs and really feeling the engagement. Case in point: hamstrings. Took me awhile to understand and get getting the muscle engaged for growth. Not sure why....but it is what it is.
Same here for me, especially for bigger muscles like back and quads. I tried to throw around as much weight as possible, and was too damn stubborn to realize I wasn't growing. When I started lifting lighter, holding and squeezing, I started growing again.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I had always trained hard and tried to consistently get stronger when I was younger, but I wish I had jumped into DC training many years sooner, at least 4-5 years earlier. Before that, it would have been hard with college and stuff, but afterward, it would have been fun to see how it took off with a fresher, younger, and less injury body, lol.

I've known of Dante since the 90's (online, not IRL, or in person), and for some reason, I never jumped into it. I think what happens is you find a lot of people you trust, who throws out good information, so you stick with those people for a good while before changing it up. You fit in what best fits your schedule and gym, and not necessarily what will get you from point A to point B quicker (and possibly better). Dante was just as popular, if not moreso, in the 90's than he has been these last 10 or so years...believe it or not. At least it seemed that way back then as a youngster getting into everything.

There was a lot of years I had to hit the gym right at 5pm, getting off hours. The gym was always super busy, so unless i wanted to be in there 3+ hours doing what I had planned, I had to get whatever was available to hit the intended body parts. I may have went in wanting to hit incline press, but had to find something else for chest. That wouldn't work with a DC split schedule since you are trying to best your prior workouts.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
For me. Gear in general. I used to overdo it on everything. Now I maintain trt levels and still and actually look better.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Waiting until 35 to use GH after almost 15 years of hard-core training.
Also bulking too much and too long....should have dieted down and did more shows. The rebound is the most anabolic event ever experienced.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic