Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

What should I do ?

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Really tight hamstrings and duck footed ness are usually intertwined with chronic posterior pelvic tilt syndrome.

Poor gluteal activation? Chronic tight hams? Duck feet? Tight lower back? Forward head posture? If several are a YES then this is likely you.

Post up a pic of your posture if you want more info.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I was in pain and it turned out I had tight tendons down the side of my legs and hamstrings. My chiro recommended streches. The pain went away and has not come back. When I notice the tightness, do more stretches (mostly dynamic stretches or stretches after my workout while I am warm) and the problem has stayed under control for a couple of years.

T

twisted

Feb 1, 2014
If you can't see pelvis tilt then I'll try again later wearing shorts.
uploadfromtaptalk1409334020268.jpg

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Back off and fix your weak points.

I'd start by learning to box squat and actually sit back when squatting.

That little half bosu ball/ plastic disc balance thing is great too for rehabbing knees.

Usually the causes of achy knees are bad form, muscle imbalance, or something is too tight or full of scar tissue to move properly - putting stress on your knees.

Anytime you cant rest or rehab an injury on your own, you need to seek proferssional. Howeever seek out physicians that specialize in Sports medicine as they understand that your body wont respond to typical means ie 2lb weights. Bone and Joints are Orthopeadic Sports Medicine- just think of what a professional athlete would do - they dont come here and ask people they sek a pro, as their life depends on it, if you want ot transcend you need to treat yourself like your life is the same importance. I been wieght training since 12 or 13 , IM 50 and I have NEVER missed a schduled workout , I take layoffs, Ive ahd surgery including major spine surgery and I was able to create a routine around my injury- I love free weigths but hey they make machines to take pressure off certain body parts, that what you use machines for. Wraps are for injury traiining or competitions. Go see a pro- for all you know maybe few procedures could help. We all have injuries but you can never compare on here what they are, I could say that I had a knee problem , which I have and the PT cured my symptoms with phosphoresis therapy where I got a cortico streroid infused electonically 2 times a week on my area and the pain dissapeared and they took me through a simple exerise routine that transferred to my regular weight routine- even with my spine repair I do heavy deads , squats I have no limits, plus I do judo, jujutsu, kung fu and armed fighting practice 4-8 hours daily on tiop of my wiegths- anyone can do this - If I can you can too, just treat it early before it gets worse - anyone that has regular medical insurance has no excuse. HOWEVER also like many people point out here and this is where forums come helpful- ask about your form and routines POB is usually good with this stuff

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Take one in shorts mate.

Tbh it's hard to say without making physical assessments, but maybe your calf vs femur alignment will give more detailed information.

Your head is forward and chest is down, which are both commonly seen in PPT clients, and the knee pain you're describing too.

If you're PPT I'm sorry to say that it's difficult to change without some knowledge on the subject. I'll find some decent articles for you if your next pic shows the same signs.

Regards mate

T

twisted

Feb 1, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1409859858150.jpg

A bit clearer. Knee pain is getting better as hammies/ankles/IT band ROM is improving

Any help would really be appreciated

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
From what I can see, looks PPT. In other words, your hamstrings are probably the culprit of your knee pain.

Of course it's just an estimate from a couple of pics, but should give you a place to start.

Stretch out hams, work gluteal strength and make sure you're not chronically tightening your abs and butt in daily life, which is a typical sign of PPTers (Google butt gripper)

Hope this helps bro

T

twisted

Feb 1, 2014
Cheers for your help kjetil1234.

Little bit confised about tensed abs /glutes as until recently I would say I had 0 glute/abs activation at most times during the day but been followong kelly Starretts (supple leopard) bracing technique and has helped my pain.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Hard to say without examining you buddy. Sorry :/

T

twisted

Feb 1, 2014
No worries, think I'm going to see a physio next week ( impossible this week as have 5 18 hour days at work )

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Long story short, I started getting achey knees a few weeks ago to the point where I struggled to walk down stairs or get up from sitting a few days a week.

So I went looking for answers and found supple leopard by kelly starrett. Had a read and it looks like my squat/deadlifts form is the cause (ankle/hip/ham ROM sucks basically) because of how far my knee tracks forward during the movements.

Now do I carry on with 5/3/1 but mobilise like crazy and hope I get flexibile fast enough or do I scrap 5/3/1 until my ROM improves enough and start from the beginning and sacrifice some strength for the bigger picture ( what little I'm starting to have)

Honestly don't want to stop lifting for an extended period of time but if that's the general consensus I'll listen to sense.

Been taking cissus/msm/glucosamine/chondroitine and serrapetase to try and help it along but treating the symptoms /trying to heal while the problem continues is pretty pointless

Always consider lay offs and rest as part of training .

Do take supps you can find liquid injectable of glucosamine etc. legally

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic