Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What meal reminds you of your mom...or your favorite meal from her?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Chicken fried steak. Loved it. My mom died on Saturday :( She was a good woman who loved God and her family.

Oh damn brother, my deepest sympathies for you loss:(

Sounds like she was a damn good woman and mom, and that alone you will be able to take with you the rest of your life. I digress though, nothing like having them back in the flesh, wish we could change these things, but i'm also glad you got the good times with her.....and chicken fried steak ROCKS! I could do me some CFS, mashed potatos and gravy right now!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
How do you cook/serve the pierogies? My wife makes them now and then, so I assumed they were Italian before your post. She doesn't start from scratch, gets some frozen from a fairly white-bread American supermarket, fries them in butter and either onions or store-bought "spaghetti" sauce ... I'm guessing your version is better, even though I'll eat fried onions on anything but corn flakes or ice cream. The pierogies from the store are cheese-filled, I think, but the flavor adds little to the final product. Maybe I'd know more if I didn't shovel them down so much .....
Boiled for a few mins then pan frying pan just long enough to get a slight brown, always a pan of butter and onions with a ladle in it on the dinner table. We always had potato pierogies, I've tried alot of different ones but imo nothing beats homemade potato ones

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Chicken fried steak. Loved it. My mom died on Saturday :( She was a good woman who loved God and her family.
I'm sorry to hear that brother may she RIP.

My Gramma came to visit for a few weeks back in the day. She cooked an extra pan of Lasagna that we put in the freezer. She died shortly after that time. When my Dad baked that pan of Lasagna knowing it was the last we'd ever eat of her cooking was so symbolic and sad. I didn't enjoy it just that one time.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
My apologies to those who never had a mother....maybe sub dad or grandma in instead:)

What meal did you like best from your mom, reminds you of her the most?

Stuffed green peppers. Usually with rice but sometimes with a potato, like her home fries. To this day stuffed green peppers is a goto meal to bring her back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic