Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

What meal reminds you of your mom...or your favorite meal from her?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
My apologies to those who never had a mother....maybe sub dad or grandma in instead:)

What meal did you like best from your mom, reminds you of her the most?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My dad worked a shit ton of OT when I was young and my mom would whip up “cowboy stew” for me and my brothers when he wasn’t home.

Big can of Baked Beans
Mustard
Ketchup
Ground beef
Diced Onion and Green pepper

She made it again for after my dad died and it was like we were little boys again at 52, 50 and 47

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Homemade fudge pure chocolate from scratch....She would give the recipe to her sisters and nieces, and not once could they duplicate her flavor....She never showed them how she prepared it tho....Once my daughter's got of age, she taught the oldest EXACTLY how to prepare it plus the EXACT recipe....She (daughter) could not duplicate it either after numerous tries!!!!...I would eat from the pot that she (mother) had used to mix the ingredients in after she had cooked it (leftover after she would pour the hot mix into a plate to cool, solidify)....So good!....

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Meatloaf .Dont know what it is but my Mom's is always better.

Potato salad. Not a meal in itself, but the one thing I could never approximate, let alone duplicate, as our lives put many miles between us. When we did get together in later years I would always cajole her into making enough for whoever was present for whatever occasion ... plus as much leftovers for me as my begging skills could get me.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
When my Pops was in Vietnam mom and kids moved to Brooklyn to live with my Sicilian Granma where she learned all of her pasta and sauce recipes.

Anything pasta Lasagna, meatballs and Eggplant parm were standouts. But that was just the tip of the iceberg. I was raised on pasta ...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
When my Pops was in Vietnam mom and kids moved to Brooklyn to live with my Sicilian Granma where she learned all of her pasta and sauce recipes.

Anything pasta Lasagna, meatballs and Eggplant parm were standouts. But that was just the tip of the iceberg. I was raised on pasta ...
Almost every meal at my grandmothers was pasta, they were poor mountain Italians. Pasta with peas, beans, sting beans and bacon, broccoli and potatoes, roasted a chicken in the oven with onions, threw pasta in the juice, and sauce of course, you name it, we probably had it with pasta, lol

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Homemade pizza.

I was given the job of scanning in her recipe cards so I have most of what she made. Unfortunately some of the most common things she made she didn't write down.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Almost every meal at my grandmothers was pasta, they were poor mountain Italians. Pasta with peas, beans, sting beans and bacon, broccoli and potatoes, roasted a chicken in the oven with onions, threw pasta in the juice, and sauce of course, you name it, we probably had it with pasta, lol
reminds me of when she baked chicken, used the drippings from the pan, add lemon and garlic over heat, pour over backed chicked. soak up the juice on the plate with itailian bread ... my mouth is watering lol

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
reminds me of when she baked chicken, used the drippings from the pan, add lemon and garlic over heat, pour over backed chicked. soak up the juice on the plate with itailian bread ... my mouth is watering lol
She would roast the chicken in a pan with a ton of onions, oil, garlic, once the chicken was done, take the chicken out of the pan and just add the pasta right to the juice. Add some fresh grated cheese, soo good!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic