Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

What Makes An...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I’m not from the gulf coast so I wouldn’t know what frog legs , squirrel or possum tastes like but if you say they taste like chicken then I gotta give it to you for being daring or hungry and eating literally everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frog legs do, but not opossum/squirrel...U really have to cook opossum/squirrel the right way, then, it's challenging to like...For me anyway...

What's really challenging is maggots!...Try a helping of them and tell me what ya think...ONE time only for me, *LOL*...

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
You have some interesting taste buds buddy!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Frog legs do, but not opossum/squirrel...U really have to cook opossum/squirrel the right way, then, it's challenging to like...For me anyway...

What's really challenging is maggots!...Try a helping of them and tell me what ya think...ONE time only for me, *LOL*...
Never tried maggots but I have eaten grubs fried in bacon fat. On FTX and ran out of bacon. Always saved the fat when camping so my “coon ass” battle buddy from the bayou made us grubs. Was like bacon flavored Popcorn Shrimp!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Never tried maggots but I have eaten grubs fried in bacon fat. On FTX and ran out of bacon. Always saved the fat when camping so my “coon ass” battle buddy from the bayou made us grubs. Was like bacon flavored Popcorn Shrimp!

I didn't eat those maggots by choice....I use to go to BoJangles (chicken place) for lunch just about everyday when I was an Senior in HS...Trying to protein up!...Anyway, I got my usual chicken box with goodies...I would always get an large sweet tea with the meal...I was gazing out the window and drinking my tea thru a straw...I noticed after about the 3rd sip that I had "lumps" in my mouth...I thought it was a piece of chicken that had dislodged from my teeth...So, I clamped down and when I did it tasted extremely bitter and gooey...I kept munching, *LOL*...Musta chewed at least 4 or 5 "lumps"...When I looked down I saw maggots in my tea (thru the straw too) and all in my chicken box...Thought I was going to chuck it...Anyway, needless to say, I threw it away and left and never went back to BoJangles...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You have some interesting taste buds buddy!

I do that, bro....I like rattle snake too, if cooked to tenderness...Gator tail as well...Gator and rattle snake have a somewhat of chicken taste but not like the frog legs...

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I do that, bro....I like rattle snake too, if cooked to tenderness...Gator tail as well...Gator and rattle snake have a somewhat of chicken taste but not like the frog legs...

I’ve tried dried rattler. Hispanics tend to dry the snake vs. frying it like they @Rawhide’s in Scottsdale, AZ.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I’ve tried dried rattler. Hispanics tend to dry the snake vs. frying it like they @Rawhide’s in Scottsdale, AZ.

Yow!...We only fry it...It's tough to chew if not cooked/seasoned right...How can they eat it dried?...Seems like it would be to tough....What did u think of the flavor?...Have u tried gator tail?...

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yow!...We only fry it...It's tough to chew if not cooked/seasoned right...How can they eat it dried?...Seems like it would be to tough....What did u think of the flavor?...Have u tried gator tail?...

Like you say, it tastes like chicken; but when you dry the snake, it’s like jerkied dry and stringy and texture similar to turkey. I don’t eat unkosher animals.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Reading this thread I definitely feel like I’m in the matrix. Beta version.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Like you say, it tastes like chicken; but when you dry the snake, it’s like jerkied dry and stringy and texture similar to turkey. I don’t eat unkosher animals.

Tell ya what...If u are ever in TallyAssey, Fl, stop by and I'll fry us up some of both (rattler,gator), and add a frog leg or two as well...I think if u tried my recipe (actually evil step brothers), u would love it...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic