Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What keeps you going?

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
I started because I wanted to lose the "baby fat" from baby #2, and after reading a few books, including NROL4W I got inspired to drop the cardio and pick up the heavy weights. the transformation I saw was astonishing, and now, I strive for more. In the beginning I wanted to "tone"...now I want to build mass, see veins, and be shredded. Competitions and/or fitness modeling are my goal, and I will get there. My husband is my workout partner, and lifting has brought us so much closer together. We eat together, cook together, lift together, and share our accomplishments together. We are a team, and we keep each other going. We share supplements, make eachother yummy high protein low carb snacks...it's love people! haha

One thing that drives me is the comments I get from other women and men. sometimes negative, but always motivating. They will say "damn! you're huge" (which i'm not, but they're flabby, so any muscle to them is "huge") or, "what are you taking?! are you going to get bigger??" that just tells me that they do notice my transformations, and it motivates me to push myself more.

T

tacdgb

Jul 5, 2011
What keeps me going is many things. God keeps me going. I like the way I look keeps me going. You have to like what you see in the mirror...you have to like yourself in your own skin. I have become a gym rat and that keeps me going. I am happier now with my body then I have ever been. My goals now are to work hard at having a SMOKING HOT body. It's all about what we tell ourselves. I tell myself I can do this.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I care about how I look, but I care more about my training goals and competitive goals. As far as I've come, I still have a long way to go to be the strength athlete I believe I can be. Driven to achieve my goals. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, and that keeps me going.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
What drives me? I see a woman like you ATW...

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
i know i keep posting on old threads...and why not why should they die...fitness has been passion ever since high school....its been my mental therapy...and its paid off in many ways...i feel great about myself these days and i had a great job as a spokes model in this industry for many years... it was fun ride...i so want to tell you guys some behind the seens story's but i think its best left to rest in the past.. i just wish they had bikini yrs ago i would have strutted my deal...i thought about figure but knew what it would take and didnt want to go there..to each is their own..these days i just want to be the hottest mommy waiting for the school bus to pick my kids in a few years..ta da that it

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
what drives me is nothing now....im just a slave to myself..in fear of loseing what the fuck i though would take me somewhere in life but ended up no where....but i will say this to be a fact...Who the fuck want to look normal?i rahter stand out so i did get one thing from the years of slaveing over the iron game...dw

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
what drives me is nothing now....im just a slave to myself..in fear of loseing what the fuck i though would take me somewhere in life but ended up no where....but i will say this to be a fact...Who the fuck want to look normal?i rahter stand out so i did get one thing from the years of slaveing over the iron game...dw
It may seem like it got you nowhere but there are lots of people who excel at nothing and don't stand out in any area. Your dedication to the iron both stands out and is also inspiring.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
It may seem like it got you nowhere but there are lots of people who excel at nothing and don't stand out in any area. Your dedication to the iron both stands out and is also inspiring.

thanks bro..i assume there are two sidesto every situation.....my main dream was to open a gym..a hard core gym but then i realize people perfer hollywood gyms instead that alone droped that venture...dont get me wrong i like the fact that all my life people see me as the that muscle dude...dont know realy if it all matters but thats who i am and that is a part of me that keeps me in the game somewhat.....i would hate to lose what i repersent.i just wish it could have made me money ..not fame but money enough to just pay bills atleast.dw

o yeah one thing is for sure ..it sure ddint bring me alot of pussy...as a matter of fact females perfer your small frame hollywood cuts instead of you massive type....whats really a trip more men are impressed with size then females....words of truth.dw

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
thanks bro..i assume there are two sidesto every situation.....my main dream was to open a gym..a hard core gym but then i realize people perfer hollywood gyms instead that alone droped that venture...dont get me wrong i like the fact that all my life people see me as the that muscle dude...dont know realy if it all matters but thats who i am and that is a part of me that keeps me in the game somewhat.....i would hate to lose what i repersent.i just wish it could have made me money ..not fame but money enough to just pay bills atleast.dw

o yeah one thing is for sure ..it sure ddint bring me alot of pussy...as a matter of fact females perfer your small frame hollywood cuts instead of you massive type....whats really a trip more men are impressed with size then females....words of truth.dw

I just recently had an epiphany while talking to a close friend, who happens to be a pyschologist. She was kinda grilling me about why I like to fight and why I feel the need to be big and powerful, and I was answering defensively, almost like I was ashamed that my physique would be something that defines me. But then came the epiphany. I realized that being big and powerful doesn't define me in the sense that I would be nothing and have nothing without my size. It defines me because it shows that I have the will power and dedication to stick to something for longer than a two-week-new-year's-resolution. It's similar to a college degree, in that it doesn't really matter what your degree is in, but the fact that you stuck to it for 4 years and got any degree at all, shows employers that if they give you a task, you will complete it. Have you ever noticed that MANY of the biggest, most powerful, best built guys you've met, are also some of the hardest working, most dedicated, tenacious employees (or employers) as well? They may not be rich, but they are generally valuable to a business because that same dedication and will power that drives them in the gym also carries over into their daily lives.

Also DW, you are dead right about women not digging the big powerful frames. Luckily I snagged my wife's attention when I was ripped and fighting at 185, so now I don't worry about it. But I definitely used to get more looks from the ladies when I was around 200 and lean. And you are also dead right about dude's being more impressed about size. It may be that I live around a lot more gay men now, but I swear I get stared at by more guys than girls.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I just recently had an epiphany while talking to a close friend, who happens to be a pyschologist. She was kinda grilling me about why I like to fight and why I feel the need to be big and powerful, and I was answering defensively, almost like I was ashamed that my physique would be something that defines me. But then came the epiphany. I realized that being big and powerful doesn't define me in the sense that I would be nothing and have nothing without my size. It defines me because it shows that I have the will power and dedication to stick to something for longer than a two-week-new-year's-resolution. It's similar to a college degree, in that it doesn't really matter what your degree is in, but the fact that you stuck to it for 4 years and got any degree at all, shows employers that if they give you a task, you will complete it. Have you ever noticed that MANY of the biggest, most powerful, best built guys you've met, are also some of the hardest working, most dedicated, tenacious employees (or employers) as well? They may not be rich, but they are generally valuable to a business because that same dedication and will power that drives them in the gym also carries over into their daily lives.

Also DW, you are dead right about women not digging the big powerful frames. Luckily I snagged my wife's attention when I was ripped and fighting at 185, so now I don't worry about it. But I definitely used to get more looks from the ladies when I was around 200 and lean. And you are also dead right about dude's being more impressed about size. It may be that I live around a lot more gay men now, but I swear I get stared at by more guys than girls.

lol...i dig it bro...i know men go out there way just to approach me and comment about the size...they will forget all about there old lady and focus all attention on me..weird...hmmm ..i wonder if the females feel unwanted....?The wife im with now i knew growing up but even back then i was a young lifter and she though back then that i was hooked on myself but we had a speical connection..the men she was with were your thin type built..back then no way we could have made it together but with the pass and roots we had it brough us together... also dig the fact how u put the weightlifting as a college degree...yeah i see your point..its very clear in that aspect.maybe 10 years ago my answers would have been totally difference...back then to me being big was my life ...now that i feel im there so what ..i mean stil today i would invite more size if i could but back then i had more game and strive..Now im just in the game to maintain.i see things diff now about this lifestyle.However i still match other men about how they look compared to me and how much muscle they might have which most the time men are just avg....And thats something i never wanted to be was avg..So i judge alot compareing size...which i feel is normal for us weightlifters...but anyway,i just i hold a college degree in weight training....and it only matters to me....i guess that all that counts..u know...dw

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
If you've been at rock bottom with your health with smoking/drinking/laziness...then you get into a gym and hit it hard and give all that stuff up...you feel amazing...your energy, stamina, everything is so much better. You feel like a new person....and you're turning into one. Your confidence skyrockets...your body changes. That's why I go to the gym and push myself. I love how it makes me feel and I love how it makes me look.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
If you've been at rock bottom with your health with smoking/drinking/laziness...then you get into a gym and hit it hard and give all that stuff up...you feel amazing...your energy, stamina, everything is so much better. You feel like a new person....and you're turning into one. Your confidence skyrockets...your body changes. That's why I go to the gym and push myself. I love how it makes me feel and I love how it makes me look.

Well said.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic