Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

what I've been up to

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I averaged about 1 day a week training for 8 months because I was trying to get really good at golf.
I failed lol Golf is hard. Got down to 9 from an 18. Maybe this year. Then bball came around and I coached
my dauthter's middle school bball team. So still kept the 1-2 times a week routine. Bball is over so now I've been back on it for almost 2 months.Nothing too crazy, mostly full body workouts 4-5x a week. Only 1-2 exercises per muscle group. I pretty much just try to get a nasty pump.
Back on golf again too. I think I can balance the two better this year. I definitely want to keep the physique going.
Overall, I'm just trying to be healthy. No fast food ever. Some processed
stuff rarely. Mostly meat, fruit milk, tacos and coffee. 5'9.5" 190lbs 160mg test/week.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-19 210355.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 210355.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I got into golf about 8 years ago. The first 5 years I played about 3 times a week. My handicap was about 7-8. Shot par and below several times. But you’re right. It’s hard. Out of nowhere something goes off with your swing and it’s like you go back to a beginner. The long stick gave the most most grief. Since then I’ve quit for a few months at a time but I always go back. I once was driven to be a scratch golfer but I realize that may never happen. But when I am playing well, it sure feels good!!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My golf went to shit when I leaned out. At 255+ lbs with a very compact back swing, I consistently shot 78-81 on my home courses and 84-85 on most courses I wasn't familiar with. I leaned out and my back swing lengthened tremendously due to my increased flexibility. Now I shoot 91-92 on my home courses. I don't even keep score when I go play other courses.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have found golf is a sport to do while smoking cigars and drinking beer. By the end you do not care what your score is and your wife has to pick you up because you cannot drive home and then you end up in the dog house for 2 days but you do it again the next month. I normally just take a 5 iron, pitching wedge and a putter to the 9 hole course and play 2x. I cannot hit a wood straight to save my life.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Golf.... Just say no. lol

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I think many of us who have been in the iron game at some way shape or form, step away due to life getting in the way or just needing a change. I used to powerlift and due to a busy work schedule and life, it derailed any sort of real training, but I also returned to my first passion-baseball. I hooked up with a travel squad and play in a couple different leagues in the state I live in.

I'm having a blast. But I will say, you can never truly escape the iron game. I mean as I get older, it requires me to remain in good physical condition to compete with 20 year olds. I also have to work year round to maintain my timing and technique for hitting and etc.

What I have been able to do is set my garage up with a batting cage and my power rack and dumbbells. While I may not push the weight I used to, I still need to lift and do functional and mobility work to remain in peak condition to compete. So, in a sense, I am getting the best of both worlds. It's still a process to organize and schedule both, but I honestly believe I am much happier having both.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Golf?? And what’s this .5??
5’10 bro !!!

enjoy ur life esp babies they grow fast
Shit I’m a pappy now!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic