Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What is your opinion on Chiropractors?

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Sep 15, 2013
Chiroprators are good for some types of problems. They are not a sustitute for a major problem that only surgery will correct. I love having my back cracked

A

alterntego

Apr 2, 2011
The chiro in my area uses a couple of diff lazers as part of his therapy and the do unbelievable wonders for this old boy . He also has a percussor which works wonders . Other than that I will wring the guys neck if he tries to crack my back . I did let him know that up front in the beginning .
I believe my sports massage guy does all the hard work to keep me going strong . I just wish I could see him considerably more often . Its a money thing

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I completely agree with you two - great posts

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
My back is screwed up good. I spent two straight years in absolute agonny. So bad that I had to plan each day around my back pain, fun huh? I always hated Chiros because I also have a shotty neck and thats all they ever seem to want to do is crank on my neck even after I say not to. HOWEVER, finally I broke down 3 years ago and started going to one and man, Ill tell ya what, improved my life big time. I have to go about every 3 weeks or so but it keeps me feelin pretty good. Its worth it.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Mr wiggly - I guarantee you probably could get same results seeing a sports medicine orthopedics who uses a good PT - many back issues can be corrected through specific exercise . A lot less cheaper- I had surgery in 95, but I lived with a clean crack through my lumbar spine for 3 years - contrary to many pt methods the abs are not the primary means of spine health- the transverse abs but more particular the erectors. You own muscles and tendons can stabilize and support. Flexibility can actually in many cases interfere . Most people that are power athletes and weightlifters will not respond well to mainstream methods of rehab . My rehab did not consist of 5 pound weights - it was to deadlft 300% of my body weight - which my rehab post surgery routine I still do - had my Lower spine reconstructed with shavings from my hip bone and in the gym I do heavy dead lifts , hypers, heavy rows , standing calf with 1000 plus on my shoulders - no belts ever. I apply this to all areas if my body my elbows , knees ect . Of course I have practical life experience of 30 years weights but also 40 years of various martial art training - which can punish the body. I did spent 14 years of college getting two BA and my MSW but also I'm CSCS- now it's not as great as it sounds because along with being in the army I have no family no wife no kids - I devoted my life to myself . So I don't say I'm better than any one just the point that I usually don't speak unless I know. I'm actually jealous of all you guys with youth and families and still finding time to train - I just salute ya all by giving my two cents

56er

56er

May 14, 2013
Sounds to me Ketsugo like you are good at making lemonade. Lol ("If life gives you lemons...")
I'm on my 4th marriage... I salute you!! LOL Wish I COULD get by without needing a companion, but then I have no friends or family and I'm obviously not as focused an individual as you.
I'm of the opinion I can work through my back problems as well. It's gonna take time and some pain but I know I need to strengthen my back and supporting structure and I'm hoping that will buy me a few years.

Popeye.

Popeye.

Apr 11, 2013
Went to several for a good 10 years for my lower back, have 2 bulging discs that get aggravated every once in a while. If they know what they are doing they are very helpful and make a HUGE difference. If they aren't that good you will leave there in pain and never want to go back.

Oh yeah, 5 ft 100lb HOTTIES do not make a good chiro for anyone who works out, lol

It still feels good having her jump on you with her chest to try and adjust your back :)

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
One of the problems with chiropractic is that there is not a lot of evidence for it. Its idea of having an adjustment for a sublaxation is laughable. If I suffer a sublaxation I would be more likely to get a gun and shoot myself than have a chiropractor manipulate me. Having said that the methods used by chiropractors are diverse and I do support manual therapy as a treatment. I see a chiropractor from time to time but he specializes in dry needing and does some soft tissue work where its needed.

You may consider a good psychiatrist , long overdue ;)

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
Laughter is the best therapy. I get that from reading your posts.

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
IF you find a good one, her/she would be worth their weight in gold!

What he said... I've had help with my back, shoulders and neck over the years when all a traditional dr. would do was give me muscle relaxers. I won't even go to a dr. anymore with any back, joint or muscle type issues.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
nothing like having ur neck fused and lower back

hip replacement

im still going strong --work the core and know when you can't walk around at 250+

not a monster anymore but I'm knocking 50yrs
6ft 230 @10%

its knowing ur body

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic