Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

What does your food intake look like the day of the meet?

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
Exactly what the title says. Assuming you don't have any worries about making weight, what does your food intake the day of the meet look like? What type of foods do you eat?

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Really depends on how much weight I had to drop.. My last comp in March, I weighed 194 on monday and weighed in at 180.5 on saturday.
Right after weigh ins, I headed to waffle house and pigged out on everything salty. Then had a few king size candy bars. I think by 11am I was back to 187. After I get my weight back up, I usually dont eat alot while lifting. Dont like that bloated feeling while pushing out on my weight belt

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks Jute. No significant weight cutting for me this go around. Salty foods seems to be the key. Along with simple, easy to stomach, carbs. Interested to hear from some other competitors as well.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
24 hour weigh ins are your friend!!! I try to carb up the night before and VERY early in the morning prior to the meet Ill eat a larger than normal (clean, not greasy) bfast... From there I do small amounts of carbs up to meet time...

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Like IHOP for breakfast, and Papa John's for dinner.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Depending on how much weight I cut I will adjust my eating the night before a contest.... when you compete, you want to weigh about what you would in training. I've had meets where I bloat back to where I normally am and done great.... and I've had meets ( like nationals this year) where I bloated to 10lbs OVER what I walk around at.... that was a bad day.

That morning, I stick to my routine. The same brand and flavor of protein that I always have. One of three or four different foods that I know won't mess my world up. The big thing is to not eat or do anything that you wouldn't do before a heavy training day.

The day of the meet I always pack a ton of food and drinks. You never know what will be available at the meet site, or how long the meet will go. So, 3 or 4 PB+J sandwiches, some veggies, V8, a dozen gatorades and water bottles, bananas, yogurt, protein shakes....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic