Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

What do you wear on your feet?

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Pretty simple.... What kind of footwear do you prefer for your lifting purposes, and why? Looking forward to what y'all have to say.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Squats: Pendlay Do-Wins

Deadlifts: Socks only

Everything else: OTOMIX Ultimate Trainers

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
AdiPowers for everything except deadlifts. I pull (deadlift) in socks.

Why.... well for pulling I want to be as close to the floor as possible so it makes sense to pull in DL slippers or just socks. I bench in my Oly shoes to help get leg drive and really activate my quads since I tuck my feet a good bit back when I bench. I OHP with them b/c there is no deformation of the sole and therefore gives me the greatest amount of transfer when i drive with my legs. Squatting with them is for many reasons... 1. I was originally an Oly lifter. 2. I hit positions easily with them b/c of the heel... meaning depth. 3. Transfer of energy again 4. No deformation of the sole even with 600+ on my back.

And if you think you're going to Oly front squat and you should you need to squat in Oly shoes. Again the raised heel makes it easier to hit positions meaning depth while maintaining an upright position. Oly front squats will help increase your conventional pull ie. deadlift.

I think that sums it up but I'm sure I'll think of more when I'm coherent....

And if you're not squatting in Oly shoes... I will only say give them a try. I think I've converted just about everyone to using them b/c the difference is greater then night and day.

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Nike Dual Fusion Run 3

Great for cross training, from boot camp to squats :)

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for the replies so far... I've been thinking about my feet/ankles a lot due to an injury i sustained last week. I've been doing all of my training in some low-top Nike Frees. Little to no support, and a lot of "squishy" stuff on the bottom...

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Front squats and overhead win do's or romaleos

Box squat or wide stance squat chucks
Dl chucks or socks. I have found my feet slide with socks on the platform.
Everything else a Nike cross trainer

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Balance Minimus 20v3 mids for most training. Do-Wins for Front Squats and SSB work.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
I like to wear AirForce 1 sneakers . Super comfortable , hug my feet for support and they come in every color imaginable !!!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Adidas Powerlift 2.0's for squats and bench, Converse One Stars for deads.

Need to get some new squat shoes - I've already surpassed their compression limit smh

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic