Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What do you guys eat pre-workout?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
OK everyone, I know guys load up on supps before during and after a workout. BUT, what whole food do you guys consume and when?

I've found that no matter how many supps I can pound before a workout, nothing gives me sustained power like whole food. I usually try to get a 500 calorie meal in preworkout at least 30 minutes before I start. I can't eat and then go straight to the gym, doesn't feel very good.

When i'm bulking I'll eat a nice complex carbs meal (like pasta and veggies) several hours before a workout and then again after the workout. I like to prime my body for a workout, deplete my glycogen stores with a tough training session, and then replenish them again afterward.

Right now I'm cutting so I'll eat my "cheat item" before a workout (not when I'm doing cardio). Usually this is a small candy bar, gatorade, soda, granola bar, or something else faster acting. So it would be nice to hear what other foods guys supplment to boost their workouts.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Oatmeal and a shake typically an hour before I workout, I keep the shake to around 20 grams of protein or simply 2 and a half cups of milk. Nothing worse then going in bloated and full.

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
My food is typically the same, but usually around 4:15 I eat 2 peanut butter and Jelly which's, and a protein shake. I start training at 6:15 usually. After workout is whole food with white rice and chicken.

btw... I can't eat to soon and go train, my workouts are so intense I'll be spending most of the time trying to keep the food down then.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
-1.5 hours pre-workout:I eat 8oz chicken breast and 1 cup jasmine rice
-30minutes pre-workout: 30g HydroWhey, 1scoop GlycoMaize, BCAAs

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I have my own concoction for a shake
then breakfast what ever I feel like eating I didnt get to be 340 pounds by being picky
and then my vit.and supp.
then post work out my shake again and a helping of spinach
and then what ever I want for lunch.and supp.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Isn't Mayo fancy with his jasmine rice.............cogh cough homo!

I like peanut butter sandwich, man, now I want one!

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I prefer LK's mother, but that's just me

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Bitter and old, just the way you like em Gixx

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
PB&J really is one of the best inventions ever

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I have a meal about 2 hours before training which is my home made chille My chille has beef, chicken, red kidney beans, brown rice, dice tomatoes, and can't forget the cheese...also have a vanilla greek yogurt

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I have a meal about 2 hours before training which is my home made chille My chille has beef, chicken, red kidney beans, brown rice, dice tomatoes, and can't forget the cheese...also have a vanilla greek yogurt

BRO!!! Post that shit up in the recipes section! Got hungry reading this, lol.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I really dont eat anything, I get home, eat 2 piece's of ham or turkey then get dressed to go.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic