S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
Warm milk and honey works for me.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
CBD at 90+mg. For me, at that dose I get a full body high from it (Shut up, I do feel high, I take Charlotte's Web extract, try it). It's enough of a high where my body and mind can relax and I just pass out.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
What you want in order to stay asleep is Seroquel. It's actually a psych med, but given in WAY lower doses for insomnia. Psych dose is 200mg or above. Insomnia dose is typically 25mg. It doesn't really put me to sleep, but it sure keeps me asleep.

Be aware that it will make you extremely hungry. I used to sleep walk and eat on it. One night I woke up in front of the fridge eating a stick of butter hahaha. I got off of it after that. But don't let that scare you away from it. I was on a psych dose when that happened (200mg). For insomnia you're taking about 1/10th of that.
I wanted off methadone (prescribed for chronic pain by doctor and the longest withdrawls symptoms were experienced) as I had been on for almost 4 years straight and after getting off I swear I could not sleep and I mean maybe 1 hour a night sleep if lucky. The doctor gave me seroquel and worked AWESOME!! The only thing was he said it could cause type 2 diabetes but only if used for long periods of time.

Now I sleep pretty good, but if I run into a small run of insomnia I use small amount of Red Vein Kratom or some heavy Indica strain.

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
I try and read a book, or just twist and turn. If those don't work for an hour or so, I look into my vape stash... and smoke away. My body usually starts to relax after a few minutes. I order my stash online but I also have a local vape place I go to (both a shop and like a headquarters for our vaping group). If I'm still too awake I go there and "relax" with my buddies. After a quick drive back to the house, I'm usually ready to go to bed. Thanks goodness for these current options on.

Anyway, on really bad days, I turn to CBD for "comfort".

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I battled insomnia since I was a kid and the most healthy way is to get the exact dose of Melatonin right, anywhere from 250mcg-10mg, it isn't one dose fits all. I would get the 250mcg caps and increase the dose until you don't feel sleepy when you wake up, then buy that dose. Too much will give you headaches and a hangover. It's not to get you to sleep , it's to get you REM sleep. To get to sleep you're going to need a militant routine, same bed time every night, no lights from TV or phone a few hours before (light reduces the body's melatonin), don't do activities in bed that require light-even reading, use bed only for sleep, don't eat close to bed time or go to the gym , shower before dinner not bed, get some Eclipse curtains for light and sounds, if you need sound get a metronome, air purifier or natural sounds but no music. All that pretty much cured my insomnia and if I start to slack on any of those points I'm up all night again.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
What do you do for Insomnia? Sleep! ; )

L trypophane

mucuna pruriens

5htp

MK677

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I never really have insomnia, but when I need to sleep deep I take some NyQuil. Puts me out.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Any specific brands for Valerian root and Melatonin that work better than others?

Also anyone use Valium before bed?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Another vote for cannabis - CBDs are good, I personally take CBDs on the reg, THC works best for me if it's a high grade indica strain - typically 22% or more does the trick. If you have access to a dispensary, ask the attendants for what treats stress, sleep and anxiety.

Big plug for cwhemp.com for the best CBDs I've ever had - my weed doc recommended.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Doxylamine succinate tabs help. Also valerian root is okay but from my experience if I take too much it has an opposite effect.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
I tried few things myself, but no drug would help me achieve a continuous sleep. Then I realized that the cause is just inside my head so I tried some relaxing music/nature sounds and my sleep improved quite a lot. In my case it is not a body condition.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic