pbtom
What's New?

What do y’all use for insomnia?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I figured I cannot be the only person here that has trouble sleeping!

I take melatonin and Now sleep.

Nothing really works to help me stay asleep!

Looking for ideas on what everyone does routine wise and takes to get a restful sleep?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I wish I had the answer for you. I've tried a lot of stuff. Melatonin, ZMA, benedryl etc all help me fall asleep but nothing to stay asleep. Taking unisom which has same antihistamine as benedryl will keep me drowsy and in bed longer but doesn't prevent those wakeful hours.
I recently started phosphtylserine because I read somewhere that it helps some people but no luck yet for me and its $ to keep taking for no help.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
RedCon “Fade Out”. Beautiful stuff.

MountaineerMuscle84

MountaineerMuscle84

Feb 16, 2019
I would try a good quality CBD at a high dose. I take about 100mgs a night. I may wake up once for a few minutes but I blame that on the tren. When I’m off cycle the CBD keeps me asleep all night.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I’ll second the cbd (or thc if that’s your preference).

Otherwise, quick meditation throughout the day (little 2-3min breathing control and mindfulness exercises) has helped me in the past when anxiety and stress are particularly high.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
200 mg infused tincture couple of drops, 40min before bed, and other nights edables. Puts me out everytime, yes im on tren A, also.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
These are awesome responses.

Never thought about the CBD oil before bed, I’ll have to try that tonight! I believe this is 250mgs.

I also just ordered a product called “knocked the f**k out” lol.... will give it a try this weekend.

My problem is I just don’t get tired at night. No problems staying up all night if I want... and typically the only time I’m out for a solid 8 hrs is when I’ve been up for 36-48 hrs

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
well I fig JD would be ur drink !!!

but take some DNP and I promise after day 3 @ 200-400 ed u should be tired lol

workout with Bova!!!
Watch PBS

have SEX!!!!

my brother swears by his chair ---it vibrates or pulses -----

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Do you suffer from sleep apnea ? if its severe nothing will help. its sleep study time...

evening cardio Helps allot, a warm or even a cold shower can help 30 mintes to an hour before bed. what do you put the A/C on .. the colder the better for sleep, put socks on if its to cold for you. studies show 62 is the right temperature .. I cant do that cold and go with 65.....degrees

hot to warm milk or tryptophan supplement. Magnesium chelate is also hard to get with just food and needed for restfull sleep. melatonin of course

If you do use Cannabis you need an Indica with your CBD that has a strong body stone for relaxing and what they say is couch lock so you don't get out of bed. you need an Indica with a real nice body stone. this is the kind you need not the paranoia causing shit strains

dont watch tv or play games or do any work in the bedroom its a place just for sleeping, make sure all lights are out or covered. pitch black with no lights anywhere.

if you start taking sleep meds go with a safer one like Doxepin 10mg taken a few hours before bed cause it lasts a long time and you will be pretty slow the next morning. when it comes to sleep meds does it increase or interupt REM ? if it does dont start using it.

No caffenie or alcohol past 3:00 PM ...

only other things that can help is write down what you need to get done and don't worry about it until morning as you wrote it down and no longer need to worry about it..

the breathing exercise 4-7-8 can also help right before bed.

as for hormones Cortisol is the enemy of sleep so drink water and give the wife a good rogering.. or just make due with what is at hand if a sex partner is not available, this is the best way to lower cortisol before bed.

almost forgot white noise can entertain your mind and get you to a deeper REM state so a fan being on and moving from side to side has a nice rythm of the white noise it makes.
even if the fan doesn't hit you cause you don't like the feeling you can still hear it and it helps you fall asleep faster and deeper.

I suffered from sleep issues for almost 8 years before I went ahead and just had to get my sleep apnea treated..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Honestly, DNP gives me the best sleep I have ever had after the 3rd day. I may wake up, flip the pillow to the cool side once or twice, but such a solid sleep it is insane.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I did not see anyone mention GABA which works great for sleep. Also shown to increase GH output.

I buy in bulk. Tolerance is different but most people are safe 2g or under. I can go up to 4g without unpleasant sides. The 'unpleasent' side of GABA can be the feeling like you cant take a full breath. It can be very freaky if you dont know what is causing it. Almost feel like you are suffocating.

Again....this is only at very high levels and you can creep up to see where your threshold is. The therapeutic dose as a sleep aid is WELL below the point where it can cause breathlessness.

Now if we are going nuclear option, (I call this 'hitting the reset button', like in the days of old computers!) I will take 1.5mg of xanax and drink 2 glasses of wine. (I know.....dont mix benzo and alcohol! ;) ). I dont have an addictive personality and have tons of xanax because I have had an open script for 10 years. I dont take it much, but it is nice to know it is there if I need it!

It is without fail.....you will be sitting there and the remote will just fall out of your hand and you are out cold. I will only do this if I know I can get a good 9+ hours of sleep (10 even better). Without the alcohol, it takes a little longer and does not hit you over the head like a hammer knocking you out cold. I just enjoy the knock out punch now and again ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic