Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

What can I expect with New wraps and Oly shoes?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Didn't realise you have 17 weeks until the meet, man you have stacks of time on your hands which is great.

Like my wife used to tell me, don't peak to early :D

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
well I'm off any supplements for now but won't be 5-6 weeks prior so it'll be a mini roller coaster ride.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Don't know what your coach is doing for you, but I used to find 10 weeks perfect to get ready and 12 weeks was just a little bit too long. And with that I mean that you are already strong as hell at 10wks out, then it's just a case of dialling it all in.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
thanks for the input guys. POB knows my squat well and I have no problem with depth at all, biggest issue is keeping the chest up to eliminate my ass coming up and bowing my back as a result.....either way, I find a way to get the weight up but that's why having a coach is so vital to give me the calls. Weight drives from the heels, decent hip flexibility....working my way up to 500 at a fast pace.....he seems to think the shoes will get a nice boost also.

Good news is that I'm ordering the shoes in 2 weeks and the meet is 17 weeks away so I'll have ample time to acclimate.

as for the wraps, I saw those....haven't researched as much as perhaps I should.....I'm all for advice on quality and I can take a tight wrap, we went through a trial wrap last week but the material was thick and I didn't feel the snap back rebound as I have with others with more elasticity. so if anyone has ideas for wraps, shoot them to me.

I use a hybrid style wrap from Metal half the wrap is the material you are referring to the other half is a casting style that will stop you in the hole. If I use a knee wrap rolling machine and get the right guy to put them on me I get 75lbs on my squat. Most people don't know shit about wrapping their knees and come up with these theories that wrapping them one way or the other will push their knees out or criss-crossing them creates more rebound. Anyway you wrap them works but if you want the most out of them get someone that understands how to put them them on it makes a huge difference.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I use a hybrid style wrap from Metal half the wrap is the material you are referring to the other half is a casting style that will stop you in the hole. If I use a knee wrap rolling machine and get the right guy to put them on me I get 75lbs on my squat. Most people don't know shit about wrapping their knees and come up with these theories that wrapping them one way or the other will push their knees out or criss-crossing them creates more rebound. Anyway you wrap them works but if you want the most out of them get someone that understands how to put them them on it makes a huge difference.

Most likely POB or someone from his team I would guess. GreatGunz also perhaps. They stretch it out before they roll it back and then pull the shit out of it while wrapping. Max pull from what I saw but I totally agree with you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic