Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What can I do about my Herpes; I'm broke out?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So, got a "friend" that is thinking about getting back in the "game"...What "signs" can he/she look for if sex is on the table in regards to herpes or any other std?....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Herpes as you probably know is a virus and you never get rid of it, it can lie dormant for years, being run down, even depression/diet can bring about a bout of it

Have you tried lysine? Some have had great results using 1500-3000mg/d. Other than that you can pick up some Acyclovir at ADC or Reliable RX fairly cheep.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
None. Well if you see warts, blisters, discharge of any sort I'd say get your $8 back or ask for a new hooked.

Seriously HSV can be spread through what is called Viral Shedding and the person does NOT have to be in the middle of a breakout. It's higher chance of passing if they are broken out.

Also keep in mind if you get HSV you are more susceptible to getting HIV. I do not know the technical connection but from what I understand They run on the same pathways or?? Not sure what its called. I am sure RN Mike can clarify and correct me if I'm wrong.

Now question for the crowd I used to think HVP was life long also being a virus but I thought I read that some variations men can clear out after around 2 years. I could have sworn i read something crazy like that and it made no sense. Thoughts?? Legit thoughts please.

I live the HSV rollercoaster so this is true and dear to me but I live a pretty good sex life so it doesn't have to slow you down.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
As many of the others have said, Valtrex will be your first line of treatment.
And from here on out on a routine daily basis, you’ll want to take 1gm of L Lysine. It really does help to reduce the frequency and severity of outbreaks.
Initially, Herpes will typically make you sick as all fuck for a good minute, and flares will be a bit common. With the passing of some time — a year and beyond, it will usually remain in remission for lengthier periods of time, and severity of flare ups often lessen in severity.
Good luck to you — you got the gift that keeps on giving now :-/

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Herpes is a DNA virus and HIV is a RNA virus. It's not something that clears up after 2 years.

You can also use Valtrex for shingles if you didn't know.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I meant to type HPV.

HSV is for life

Well good luck to the OP it sucks but not the end of the world.

S

schuyler

May 31, 2018
try bathing in white vinegar 2 cups per bath make sure the water isnt too hot 198 degrees maybe, should take like 5 baths you know 24 hour periods

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
What if I only have 1 cup of white vinegar, take 10 baths in 24 hours?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic