Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What blood work should I get based on the previous results?

P

paxman1

Jul 8, 2013
I got the blood work done 4 years ago due to pubertal gyno.

Urine was normal (within ranges), here's the blood work:
S-PTH 22 ng/L
s-testosterone 10,8 nmol/L (~ 317 ng/dL)
s-lh 1,5 UI/L
s-fsh 2,2 IU/L
s-tsh 2,77 mU/L
s-ft3 5,2 pmol/L
s-ft4 13,6 pmol/L
prolactin (POOL and PEG) 8,5 ug/L
IGF-1 292 ug/l.
MRI of pituitary gland - everything within a normal range

Endo didn't check other hormones. Also, reference ranges were not provided so they should be compared with these I suppose: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_ranges_for_blood_tests#Sex_hormones
I didn't get any treatment (TRT etc.).

I have been working out for 7 years and I still do (heavy weights, 5 times a week, 12 % bf). Recently I have implemented quite some new supplements into my regime based on thorough research: tongkat ali, panax ginseng, ashwagandha, maca, rhodiola and DIM. Although I haven't noticed any dramatic changes yet, I think that this combo should at least have some noticeable effect for my hormones, especially those which are in the bottom of the range otherwise. If you have a look at the previous blood work, that seems to be the case for T and LH.

I think it would be a good idea to do another blood work now and see how things are standing. Which hormones would you recommend me to test? I was thinking of:
Total T, free T, estradiol, LH, FSH, SHBG, T3, T4 and TSH. Do you perhaps have a better suggestion?

p.s.: I would also like to check thyroid hormones since I consume a lot of EGCG which drastically lowers T3 and T4 in rats. I'm really eager on how does it affect me hormone wise.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
You can also have progesterone checked

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic