Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What are you guys shooting these days?

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
damn, I have guns all over the house... 12 gauge shot guns, LaRue Tactical AR in 6.5 grendel supressed, Kimber CDP II in 45 auto, S&W mod 29 in 44 mag, Ruger GP 100 in 357, Ruger mini 14 in 223, Browning BAR in 30-06, Winchest model 100 in 308, AR10 in 6.5 Creedmore, ah fuk Im not typing all of them.. Lets just say my home and usually my person is well armed.. And before anyone goes off on my most are in a safe except those that are intended for home defense

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
To me they are overpriced, and an AR will outperform in a home defense situation, the KSG looks cool and futuristic but a Remington 1100 with an extended tube will throw down serious firepower faster if your heart is set on a shotgun.
The AR will throw more projectiles downrange quicker and if need be is quite effective with one hand taken out of the fight.
I once was a fan of the shotgun for home defense but 3 decades of running an M-4 configured weapon changed that, throw a 30 or 60 or 100 rd Beta mag on your AR and invite the home invader to bring some friends along;)
They are also MUCH easier to operate and control for smaller (female) team members to use when backing your play.
YES a 12 ga is great for home defense, an AR is just much better in my humble opinion.

I have a Sendra Corp XM-15 E2. The short barrel retractable stock version. I just installed a Red Dot with green laser sight. Excellent/accurate defense for less than 50 yards. You can quickly and accurately take out multiple targets.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have a Sendra Corp XM-15 E2. The short barrel retractable stock version. I just installed a Red Dot with green laser sight. Excellent/accurate defense for less than 50 yards. You can quickly and accurately take out multiple targets.
I will post up some pics in a day or so you will like em ;)

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
But a shotgun past 100 yards will tickle you. An AR is deadly at a mile.

Any gun, in an enclosed space like a house room, is going to be loud as hell too. That's got to account for something.

Is your next door neighbor a mike away?
Do you think a shot gun makes a whisper level noise when discharged? All good brother, you pick whatever you like & I’ll do the same. An AR will be my first pick without hesitation most of the time in many scenarios.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Hearing......in Vietnam we were not issued ear plugs. II have had ringing in my ears since then.
We have a lawsuit with 3M over the shitty earplugs that did no good , WHAT did you say??
before that we were issued nothing anyway ha

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Yah, sounds like more recent vets weren't as protected as they were led to believe.

For trap I used these plugs that supposedly closed as you shoot but allowed you to hear conversations better between shots. I'm not 100% confident that was a good idea for me. But oh well, my girlfriend yelling at me doesn't hurt so much now. I first noticed it because I had trouble understanding people on the phone, making me realize I lip read some. Now, with everyone in masks, its really evident.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
We have a lawsuit with 3M over the shitty earplugs that did no good , WHAT did you say??
before that we were issued nothing anyway ha

My hearing is pretty good, I just have to deal with a low level ringing in my ears 24/7. Good luck on the law suit.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I welcomed a new family member today. I did some trading for a Ruger 57. Never shot one before, so I'm stoked!

Any of you guys have a 57? Any insights?

Attachments

• 57 Ruger pic2.jpg
    57 Ruger pic2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 43
Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
.45 1911 Highpoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
My hearing is pretty good, I just have to deal with a low level ringing in my ears 24/7. Good luck on the law suit.

My dad was an M60 gunner in Vietnam and can’t hear for shit. Always yelling “what?” My whole life and the TV is always blasting.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic