Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

What are you guys shooting these days?

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I just discovered an old M1 in my dad's storage. Can't wait to take it out for a spin. Just trying to find some reasonable .30 ammo. The old gun has me excited again about shooting. Never fired a M1. On Youtube some gun guys said it's power was roughly equivalent to a .357. But other guys said it's not as powerful. Just a better gun for accuracy, of course. From what I understand it was meant to replace handguns with something more accurate during WW2.

Also, going to try out my mod on my Remington 1100. I ordered a magazine extender so I'll have 10 shots loaded. I'm thinking about the easy loader.. but I hate the way the latch hangs open. Looks like shit.

I never thought of myself as a gun guy, but somehow I've amassed a nice little arsenal. Got a .357 revolver, a 38 revolver , a 22/10 Ruger, a Henry H001. My wife's dad died recently so I got his 12 gauge 2-barrell and his 380. I'm thinking about picking up a P229 a retired cop at the gym is selling. It would be nice to be able to swap barrels to shoot for less money when I'm just target shooting.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
I've been keeping it simple. I shoot my Arsenal and Rifle Dynamic's AK 47s weekly. I've got a Colt and a S&W VTAC AR-15 that I also shoot regularly. I love my M&P VTAC and Glock 19 when I'm focusing on my handguns. The only handgun caliber that I shoot (not counting .22s) is the 9mm. I've got two semi-auto 12 gauges that are an absolute blast to shoot too. Shooting is my release when I'm not at the gym.

Glad I'd been stacking ammo deep once DJT took office because shooting wouldn't be nearly as fun at the prices that ammo is going for right now. Fucking Democrats!!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
The shelves are completely empty of handgun ammo and it royally sucks. At least I did see that a local indoor range had ammo for sale for use at the range, so I'll have to get over there.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
NPP mostly, but occasionally my glock 23

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I was putting 200 rounds of rifle down range per mo
and 100 rounds of pistol per week
but not now. every 50 rounds of 9 is $30 so i am not shooting very much now just enough to keep semi sharp till prices go down.

but when thins are priced right I work a nice american built 765 *39 and a self built 556
for pistol i shoot a XDM 5.2 9mm for my fun / comp pistol and i carry a p365 as a daily carry
but thats just the tip of the iceberg of what i own

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Haven't been at target practice at all lately bro but shooting almost daily haha

Good to see you back FT. Been too long bro.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I was putting 200 rounds of rifle down range per mo
and 100 rounds of pistol per week
but not now. every 50 rounds of 9 is $30 so i am not shooting very much now just enough to keep semi sharp till prices go down.

but when thins are priced right I work a nice american built 765 *39 and a self built 556
for pistol i shoot a XDM 5.2 9mm for my fun / comp pistol and i carry a p365 as a daily carry
but thats just the tip of the iceberg of what i own

It's crazy.. I have a limit, too. How much I'll pay per shot. Luckily my Remington (my favorite toy) is free for now. My dad's storage, which I just cleaned out, was stocked full of 12 gauge ammo. And 22 ammo . My dad had a little dementia in the final couple of years. He went nuts stocking the 12 gauge ammo. Haha..

Your P365 is perfect for concealed. Nice gun.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I just discovered an old M1 in my dad's storage. Can't wait to take it out for a spin. Just trying to find some reasonable .30 ammo. The old gun has me excited again about shooting. Never fired a M1. On Youtube some gun guys said it's power was roughly equivalent to a .357. But other guys said it's not as powerful. Just a better gun for accuracy, of course. From what I understand it was meant to replace handguns with something more accurate during WW2.

Also, going to try out my mod on my Remington 1100. I ordered a magazine extender so I'll have 10 shots loaded. I'm thinking about the easy loader.. but I hate the way the latch hangs open. Looks like shit.

I never thought of myself as a gun guy, but somehow I've amassed a nice little arsenal. Got a .357 revolver, a 38 revolver , a 22/10 Ruger, a Henry H001. My wife's dad died recently so I got his 12 gauge 2-barrell and his 380. I'm thinking about picking up a P229 a retired cop at the gym is selling. It would be nice to be able to swap barrels to shoot for less money when I'm just target shooting.

Fasttwitch I have a really nice 1946 US Springfield Armory Caliber 30 M1 Garand, it fires 30.06, bolt actions with a 8 round clip.

20171221_145537.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic