Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

what are you DLing these days

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I got 615 a few weeks ago conventional and hit 520 about a year ago pulling sumo. Thinking of doing a few training waves sumo again in the near future.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Trying to work my way up to those big 100lb plates. For now, I just use bumper plates to make it look like a lot.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
My current DL is 0. I haven't done them in a long ass time and need to get back into it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Best I have pulled is 500lbs Conv.

Nice Flex, Congrats....

I started to pull Sumo last year after a hamstring injury. I was able to pull the same weight as Conv. Right now I don't have the flexibility to pull sumo again...but I will soon.

Been trying to learn the hook grip, but I haven't figured it out yet.

What are you having problem with when pulling with a hook grip? You wrap your fingers over the thumb. I only get index and middle finger over my thumb. If it's pain try taping your thumb. It will still be painful but it will help a bit. I pull with a hook grip.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
What are you having problem with when pulling with a hook grip? You wrap your fingers over the thumb. I only get index and middle finger over my thumb. If it's pain try taping your thumb. It will still be painful but it will help a bit. I pull with a hook grip.

It's not the pain at all... I mean it's not comfortable, but it just doesn't feel secure. I feel like it's going to give out on me. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I mean how hard can it be to do?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's not the pain at all... I mean it's not comfortable, but it just doesn't feel secure. I feel like it's going to give out on me. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I mean how hard can it be to do?

When you set it up correctly, it's secure. You won't drop the bar as long as you don't open your fingers. I've dislocated my thumb while pulling and I didn't drop the bar. It can be a bit difficult if you're not setting up correctly. How many fingers are you getting over your thumb?

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
The most Ive pulled conventional is 555. I recently started working on sumo but its just really odd for me I have really tight hip flexers which really prevent me from dropping my butt down for sumo. I did manage to pull 485 sumo about a week ago, but it was really slow. Gotta work on my mobility a little more, I think I can really benefit from pulling sumo.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
When you set it up correctly, it's secure. You won't drop the bar as long as you don't open your fingers. I've dislocated my thumb while pulling and I didn't drop the bar. It can be a bit difficult if you're not setting up correctly. How many fingers are you getting over your thumb?
BrotherIron

I can gat 1 finger completely over the thumb. The 2nd is pushing on the thumb nail. I've watched a couple of Video's, but maybe I'm watching the wrong ones. If you have a link to a good one. Let me know. I train alone and don't know anyone who uses the hook grip personally.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
BrotherIron

I can gat 1 finger completely over the thumb. The 2nd is pushing on the thumb nail. I've watched a couple of Video's, but maybe I'm watching the wrong ones. If you have a link to a good one. Let me know. I train alone and don't know anyone who uses the hook grip personally.
My fingers just aren't long enough for it. I tried and it's just not happening.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Deadlifts stress me out, not fun at all, but my best pull was 465 on cycle. These however just feel so right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic