pbtom
What's New?

Wentz to Colts

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I bet @The other Snake is happy, Colts fans, not so much. No way he fits into that offense in any good way.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I like the move for the Colts as Reich was his OC in Philly during his best season. Only cost them a 3 and a 2.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
We just had to cut our losses and hope he does well for a higher pick. From what I heard, he has to take 70% of the snap and the Colts need to make it to the playoffs for the Eagles to get a 1st round pick. (fact check please) Even so, that 1st round pick would come as a 20th pick, give or take. Doesn't matter, Howie Roseman will fuuk up whatever pick he gets. They made Doug tank the last game for a #6 overall and then ran him out of town.

No ill will but he was a 500 QB. Only real issue I had was his cry baby attitude when we took Hurts. You just don't do that in Philly. It's a competitive sport in a competitive league and if you're not going to compete for yourself, how well are you going to compete for your team.

My Wentzsylvania t shirt will be retired to washing the car when the weather clears.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm just glad he went to the Colts and not the Bears. We already have a quarterback issue. I don't think Wentz would have been the answer. Nor is he the answer in Indianapolis. I honestly thought Stafford from the Lions would have been a good fit for Indy.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm just glad he went to the Colts and not the Bears. We already have a quarterback issue. I don't think Wentz would have been the answer. Nor is he the answer in Indianapolis. I honestly thought Stafford from the Lions would have been a good fit for Indy.
I agree, I was worried because it was exactly the type of thing that Pace would do and ridiculously overpay for

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I agree, I was worried because it was exactly the type of thing that Pace would do and ridiculously overpay for
I see very little we are going to do that will better our situation. Only hope is Trubisky improves. We went all jumping over Mahomes and Watson to pick a quarterback that had one year of starting experience at North Carolina. Not sure the logic behind that. Painful to be reminded of this every time is see Mahomes or Watson. I think the Watson price tag is too high as well. We are having trouble with even re-signing ARob. Maybe we have a chance at JJ Watt. LOL. His wife plays professional soccer in Chicago. And he has made mention both love the food scene there. Maybe its a selling point because I don't know if the Bears have much else to show. LOL.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I pulled some research that I think people are missing. This is what the Eagles gave up to get Wentz. That has to be factored into the Eagles lose also.
The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.
The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I see very little we are going to do that will better our situation. Only hope is Trubisky improves. We went all jumping over Mahomes and Watson to pick a quarterback that had one year of starting experience at North Carolina. Not sure the logic behind that. Painful to be reminded of this every time is see Mahomes or Watson. I think the Watson price tag is too high as well. We are having trouble with even re-signing ARob. Maybe we have a chance at JJ Watt. LOL. His wife plays professional soccer in Chicago. And he has made mention both love the food scene there. Maybe its a selling point because I don't know if the Bears have much else to show. LOL.
Trubisky could have been decent if he had a good veteran to sit behind for a season or so. Jumping in after Glennon never gave him a chance.
There are rumors about Darnold that I hope are way off because it would just be the same thing all over.
Our best hope is magic either way, somehow Watson without giving away the farm or an experienced vet plus a draft miracle

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic