Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Welcome to Chicago

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
It's been a long practice that they only go to certain areas if they are stacked up. They installed these "crime cameras" to detect gun shots and monitor high crime areas. Claim it was utilizing man power better. In reality, no cop wanted to role into that area. One of my college roommates I played ball with was dating a gal whose dad was a firefighter. This was obviously in the early 2000's when car jackings were still prevalent, but people would disregard traffic lights because they were hot spots for car jackings which lead to a lot of bad accidents. He also said they were told when leaving the station to keep your head down. His station was near the Cabrini Green housing area. Said it was not uncommon to return to the station and discover bullet holes in the fire engine. I can't imagine what its like now.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
It's been a long practice that they only go to certain areas if they are stacked up. They installed these "crime cameras" to detect gun shots and monitor high crime areas. Claim it was utilizing man power better. In reality, no cop wanted to role into that area. One of my college roommates I played ball with was dating a gal whose dad was a firefighter. This was obviously in the early 2000's when car jackings were still prevalent, but people would disregard traffic lights because they were hot spots for car jackings which lead to a lot of bad accidents. He also said they were told when leaving the station to keep your head down. His station was near the Cabrini Green housing area. Said it was not uncommon to return to the station and discover bullet holes in the fire engine. I can't imagine what its like now.

That area has been bulldozed and rebuilt into luxury condos. CB has moved to Maywood.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
That area has been bulldozed and rebuilt into luxury condos. CB has moved to Maywood.

Yup. Years ago. And to integrate they would take a local neighborhood family and provide assistance to reside there and then sell the other condo to an interested buyer. Curious how that has worked. What do these they, "You can take the person out of the hood, but not the hood out of the person." And well, you always have Gary, Indiana as a cesspool to attract the best of the best. LOL.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Yup. Years ago. And to integrate they would take a local neighborhood family and provide assistance to reside there and then sell the other condo to an interested buyer. Curious how that has worked. What do these they, "You can take the person out of the hood, but not the hood out of the person." And well, you always have Gary, Indiana as a cesspool to attract the best of the best. LOL.
LOL Scary Gary, but that whole Lakefront all the way from the south side of Chi to Beverly shores IN could be prime real estate, but it’s a nightmare that no person should be in.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'd loot Binny's any day of the week!

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“Chicago tops list of most corrupt city in US, report says”

CHICAGO — A new report from the University of Illinois claims Chicago is the most corrupt city in the US.

The report is based on data from the justice department, which looked at public corruption convictions between 1976 and 2019.

During that time period, Chicago had nearly 1800 convictions — that is more than Los Angeles, which had the second highest total. New York ranked third.

The report also found that Illinois is the third most corrupt state in the country.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
“Chicago tops list of most corrupt city in US, report says”

CHICAGO — A new report from the University of Illinois claims Chicago is the most corrupt city in the US.

The report is based on data from the justice department, which looked at public corruption convictions between 1976 and 2019.

During that time period, Chicago had nearly 1800 convictions — that is more than Los Angeles, which had the second highest total. New York ranked third.

The report also found that Illinois is the third most corrupt state in the country.

I don't disagree with any of this. Michael Madigan is finally out. Now in with his hand-picked appointee. I only go back for food.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“5 alleged Sinaloa Cartel members indicted in Chicago on cocaine conspiracy charges”

CHICAGO – Five reputed members of the Sinaloa Cartel in Mexico have been indicted in Chicago for allegedly conspiring to distribute cocaine in the area.

The defendants allegedly worked together to attempt to import and distribute cocaine into the U.S. on behalf of the cartel.

The following men have been charged with intent to distribute.

Roberto Velazquez Martinez, 36, of Santiago Papasquiaro, Mexico
Camilo Alvarez, 44, of Durango, Mexico
Jose Hernandez Ramirez, 36, of Tamaulipas, Mexico
Ines Chaces Rodriguez, 36, of Santiago Papasquiaro, Mexico
Louis Reyes Velez, 44, of Stickney

The charges allege that Velaquez Martinez traveled to Chicago in 2018 to attempt to arrange a multi-kilogram cocaine shipment. Unbeknownst to him, authorities said two co-conspirators were undercover with U.S. law enforcement.

Alvarez, Hernandez Ramirez, and Chavez Rodriguez are believed to be residing in Mexico. U.S. warrants for their arrests have been issued.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic