Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Welcome to Chicago

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
ironic that the govt would offer the ppp program designed to incentivize businesses to keep or hire more employees at the same time offering indivivuals a higher amount on their unemployment that incentivizes them to stay home and not work. Thats like taking an upper and downer at the same time...

As always, it is filled with good intentions, but unfortunately there isn't enough after thought to how it will play out. There are always those who abuse the system or take advantage. Assistance is just that (or what it should be)-to get you on your feet again so you can stand on your own. Unfortunately, there are those who see it as a means to screw the system and remain on it. I think the whole COVID/unemployement was to help those affected by the pandemic, but sadly, plenty took advantage.

I also work in a hospital. Many purposely took furloughs after finding out that they would actually make close to what they would if they were working 40 hours a week. Some actually made more! Basically, it was like a built in paid vacation for them. And the furlough was up to 6-8 weeks! Nothing like taking 6-8 weeks off paid.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
If you're a Dem and hope to win by buying votes with other people's money, it was pretty brilliant. Which party gives you free stuff? Which party hates you and wants to see you and your grandmother die a slow and painful death?

Don't be shocked when people respond rationally to the incentives and disincentives placed before them. If you create incentives to not work... wow, magically you get people who would otherwise go out and fend for themselves to stay at home and play video games!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
But it’s the republican administration in power who just sweetened the deal not to work even more. It’s not a party thing it’s a means of control. Just like religion, public education etc.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The teachers now run the show in Chicago, like the Mob

You aren't kidding! Used to love visiting Chicago. Girlfriend is a Cubs fan and Bears fan and I'm a Sox and Bears fan, but it's getting to the point where I don't even want to go for a weekend. Chicago has become Beruit.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Yes i still go downtown because my friends live down there and have boats docked at Dusable Harbor.

Last summer we drove through the BLM riots when they were trying to rip down the Columbus statue...we just missed them shutting down the streets .

CPD doesnt give a shit about the high crime areas and downtown now is a tore up shit hole......so pretty soon it will go back to the way it was in the 80s and 90s were crime ruled the streets and the bums were everywhere.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I know they happen all the time in Milwaukee. In an incident a few weeks ago someone tried to hijack the former County Exec/rich guy Chris Abele but his car wouldn't let the guy drive away, so he shot the car and left.

That's so 1990's Compton, wannabees, lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic