Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Weighted side bends....yay or nay?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I am curious if any gals are including weighted side bends in their routine and if so, what have you gained from it. I was cautioned long ago about it and warned that it would make my waist "thicker" which would negate the V taper I am going for. I have since heard many variations on it, that light weight and high reps wouldn't cause thickening...high weights wouldn't cause thickening....so....whats the deal? I really really want to have "that waist" with the visible cut in at the hip....should I be doing these or not? My abs are in good shape, just under a lil layer of fat still LOL-just dying to hear what you all think (gals/guys everybody chime in please).

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Worthless excercise IMO.....NEVER seen anyone with an impreesive physique use them. I'm a fan of crunching with a twist or using the oblique machines that hold ur legs still whil the upper body rotates a weighted sled.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
never done them and never will. im with Mayo, complete waste of time and i always wonder why people waste their time on them. crunches and hanging leg raises. thats all a girl needs. :D

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I like lying on a decline b ench and sitting back till im about 35 degrees to the floor and hold my core tight and do pole twists

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
so, my crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle, and hanging leg raises are good enough, I like to toss in woodchoppers sometimes, and I do planks too as a standard, regular and side planks....maybe I just have to do more :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
if you want tight abs, you have to work them everyday, or almost every day. i work mine M-F every morning. have done as many as 300 HLRs every day for 2 months with ankle weights. bothered my back so now i am keeping to less than 100 and added back crunches.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Obliques will grow faster than any muscle. Don't do them. Abs are made by eating less and working out more.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks for the info, I have never been interested in doing these really, but there are several gals in the gym who do them religiously (and I have seen trainers leading their clients in them) and I just wanted to know if maybe I was completely off base in thinking they were bogus LOL. I will just keep doing what I do, its coming together nicely actually, just want to be sure I am covering my bases.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
^^ I second that... Waste of time for a taper... So many people still believe the myth of spot reduction... Just doesnt happen...

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
well, I cannot eat any less than I am without losing muscle as I am already losing more than I should at this point, and I work out hard for 7-8hrs a week, so I guess it's just keep at it for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic