Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Weight Loss Supplement Regimen

J

JustinCal

Jul 19, 2012
please tell me if they are effective. i have researched and asked people. I am on a restricted daily caloric intake of being below 2000 calories. I go to the gym 4/5 times a week. I really want to cut down on some belly fat that i have. Lately i have been concentrating on my cardio and ab exercises. I have a two pack but there is still lower belly fat around my hips. I weight 170 pounds. I am 5'9. Male.

These are the current supplements i am taking and have been taking for the past month:

L-carnitine titrate
Fish oil pills
Centrum Multivitmains
Green tea extract with Raspberry Ketones
CLA pills

Any suggestions? Should/should not take?
I also live in Canada so i do not have access to certain supplements.

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Do you eat a bit more than your restriction on the days you work out?

And how much have you lost this past month?

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Looks good. You might want to look into Beta-Alanine also. Just cut and whittle it away with Hi-protein diet. Some systems go into survival mode, ie your glands, but u can push your metabolism. Don't get discouraged.

J

JustinCal

Jul 19, 2012
I have only lost 3 pounds. I am not satisfied yet and the reduction might just be a daily fluctuation of weight. Fortunately, I've noticed my midsection has gotten more flat and toned. I am proud of the results and encouraged to see more progression. Thank you.

After workouts i am tempted to eat more, but i choose healthier options. Whole wheat bread, fruits, chicken (not fried).

J

JustinCal

Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for the advice. I will research into the Beta-Alanine.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
You mention your height and weight, but not your age. What is your BMR? How long have you been hitting the gym consistently (as in, are you pretty new to lifting?)?

These are relevant questions....will help alot in giving you an answer.

J

JustinCal

Jul 19, 2012
I am 23 years old. BMR: 1845 and i have been working out for the past three years. Last year is when i got serious into my workouts and routines. Hitting specific body regions different days.

C

charleslchristian

Jun 8, 2012
The lower abs is stubborn part for me as well I'm 5' 8'' 175-ish
One of the thing that I have found that multi joint compound movements like for example
dead lifts using a moderate weight that you can get for 20-25 repetitions and perform 4-5 sets of these with a 30-60 second rest period it is brutal but it can help and you might even gain some more muscle in the process

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I remember asking lee about his abs and he answered never done any ab workout just diet harder and they will appear.just look at the current guys.how many of them do you see doing abs.not many.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Gotta be honest with you I hardly ever do abs. I know I should just because I have lower back issues and I'm sure they probably would help. But when I start to diet and cut for a show my abs are right there. But I don't think doing dead lifts or any other compound movement is going to get rid of that little bit of lower ab fat. Your diet has to be spot on bro. Seems like your on the right track so just keep doing it. Whats your carb intake look like. I would play with carbs a little and see what happens.

W

wilfredly

Mar 4, 2012
Hi Shan i like the way you talk you are realy a professionalc

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic