Weariness

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Weariness-
1: exhausted in strength, endurance, vigor, or freshness
2: expressing or characteristic of weariness <a weary sign>
3: having one's patience, tolerance, or pleasure exhausted —used with of <soon grew weary of waiting>

i think the thing that sets the great apart from the average is their ability to overcome and break through weariness! no matter what one does or how much one loves what they are doing, there comes times of weariness!

i love my career, i feel very blessed to do it everyday and yet there are days when it seems like nothing goes right. at the end of the day i sit in my chair and wonder what went wrong and what i need to do differently.

in the gym it is sometimes this overwhelming sense of defeat. one works towards a goal, or a desired look and one day you look in the mirror and feel like you have gotten no where! or you attempt a certain weight and fail even though you hit it last week!

on the forums, you try to be a good member and yet it seems like everything you say is flamed. you try to post up good information and everybody starts making fun of you. you give an honest opinion and the bullies attack.

no matter what one does, there will be times when it seems overwhelming and underappreciated! the difference between people who succeed in life and those who just make it by is ones ability to push through the weariness and overcome the negative! choose to be better or choose to stay behind! choose to overcome or choose to make excuses! chooose to succeed or choose to hate those that do!

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Great post, ATW. Perserverence and 'maintaining the schedule' is the key to progress in one's chosen discipline, in my experience. Some days you just don't feel like training, but that's where discipline and commitment to a goal come in.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Well said ATW. Most everything in life, that we can control, comes down to a CHOICE. Not a feeling. Not an upbringing. Not a social status. A choice. It's not about what happens to us, but how we choose to deal with it. This is true in big things, as well as in small daily events.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great post ATW! For me I experience all of the things you described, many days at work just wear me out and I sit and reflect on the decisions that I made and how they will effect others. In my job its people and their problems all day everyday, I understand that if I am worn out I can say the wrong thing or make the wrong call and it can have a profound impact on someone, so I force myself to be extra mindful. That in itself makes the whole thing more stressful. Home and family are similar, except I have a great woman who tolerates a lot of mistakes from me LOL... so I have a little reprieve. The gym to me is the one place I can just do my thing, don't get me wrong I have too many moments where I look in the mirror and think I'm not making any headway. I think that's a big problem for people that do the things we do at the intensity we do them, we just don't see ourselves as others do. I feel like in the gym I can give everything I have and good day or bad day I'm moving the ball forward because I went. I also think the endorphins help make things right as well. Like II said control and choices and by choosing to go to the gym and beat ourselves we're in a much better place.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Excellence is a choice, damn straight ATW!

By virtue of what we do, our lifestyle and all it demands, I'm guessing the majority of us are clear about this.

All my time is programmed right now. Folks teasingly say I have no fun. They don't know- I have SATISFACTION, which lasts, cuz it is built on doing and achievement. Training is my fun, and my relaxation, it is foundational. Everything I do is leading me to my goals...

I stress over deadlines, but the vision pulls me on. It is all about love, really. Loving the struggle that makes me rise above myself. Loving the achievement of goals. Loving what I'm building.

Life and lifting have a lot in common that way, LOL

And here I am, when I should be finishing a project. Smiling. Yup, having fun... Go figure

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Three great responses between my reading ATW's excellent post and putting mine up. This thread reminds me of why I love it here!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Excellence is a choice, damn straight ATW!

By virtue of what we do, our lifestyle and all it demands, I'm guessing the majority of us are clear about this.

All my time is programmed right now. Folks teasingly say I have no fun. They don't know- I have SATISFACTION, which lasts, cuz it is built on doing and achievement. Training is my fun, and my relaxation, it is foundational. Everything I do is leading me to my goals...

I stress over deadlines, but the vision pulls me on. It is all about love, really. Loving the struggle that makes me rise above myself. Loving the achievement of goals. Loving what I'm building.

Life and lifting have a lot in common that way, LOL

And here I am, when I should be finishing a project. Smiling. Yup, having fun... Go figure

this is so true! too many people equate fun with having to go do something outside of ones normal. i will take satisfaction over achieving my goal and dreams over fun anyday!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
ditto ditto ditto....what could be more fun than reaching and exceeding your personal goals :)

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
this is so true! too many people equate fun with having to go do something outside of ones normal. i will take satisfaction over achieving my goal and dreams over fun anyday!

I will agree ATW, satisfaction in day to day life is way more important. I have to admit, when I read your post I didnt think of the gym, I thought of my kids lol

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I will agree ATW, satisfaction in day to day life is way more important. I have to admit, when I read your post I didnt think of the gym, I thought of my kids lol

children definitely make a person weary! kids and employees both :D.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
ATW I don't think I could flame you. You're usually right and I'm not going to weaken that point with an "in my opinion". Right is right. You are a true woman of virtue even in your underwear!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic