Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

We don't need gyms to reopen. We never really needed them in the first place.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Actually, it'd be best if lots got memberships but didn't use it. Gym can be open just for the serious, and maybe get some upgrades.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Ya but it will be that "new years resolution" time at the gym early :p

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
If the people that sit on a piece of equipment and screw around with their mobile device while I'm standing there waiting to do a set don't come back, I'm fine with that.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
In cancelled my LA fitness because they aren’t doing a good job on keeping stuff clean and I’m just tired of dealing with idiots sitting on equipment never doing anything.

And truthfully home gym that I’ve been using is much better

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
All things that make you masculine are a threat to the good of society, and they should not be allowed, and they should be banned. For gyms, i'd recommend either no weight, and just cardio...or at most, 2.5-5# dumbells. Anything more than that would cause masculinization to those who used them. Don't even get me started on contact sports, mma, hunting/fishing, and protein foods!

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
All things that make you masculine are a threat to the good of society, and they should not be allowed, and they should be banned. For gyms, i'd recommend either no weight, and just cardio...or at most, 2.5-5# dumbells. Anything more than that would cause masculinization to those who used them. Don't even get me started on contact sports, mma, hunting/fishing, and protein foods!
Really pushing the weight with those dumbbells aren't you? What's wrong with pea protein? :)

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018

I gave my kids trophies because they quit playing dodgeball.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
In cancelled my LA fitness because they aren’t doing a good job on keeping stuff clean and I’m just tired of dealing with idiots sitting on equipment never doing anything.

And truthfully home gym that I’ve been using is much better

I am going to dread having to train there. I goto a mom and pop gym, it used to be an old powerhouse. They been in my home town for over 30 years. They dont have the newest equipment, but its all good and the stuff works, and they have everything I need. Long story short LA Fitness bought the huge building right next door to my gym. So its only a matter of time before they shut the doors. I dont think they will be able to compete with them to be honest.
Just curious what is LA Fitness charging you per month? My gym is $29/month, and all classrooms included..kick boxing, yoga, etc, etc, etc..

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If that means I have to look like that dude, I just would not bother.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I am going to dread having to train there. I goto a mom and pop gym, it used to be an old powerhouse. They been in my home town for over 30 years. They dont have the newest equipment, but its all good and the stuff works, and they have everything I need. Long story short LA Fitness bought the huge building right next door to my gym. So its only a matter of time before they shut the doors. I dont think they will be able to compete with them to be honest.
Just curious what is LA Fitness charging you per month? My gym is $29/month, and all classrooms included..kick boxing, yoga, etc, etc, etc..

If LA is just the regular club, it will be 30 to 35, if it’s a signature club, then it’s 45 plus. And there really is no difference in clubs to justify the price.

I went to a local gym for a while, and they survived the Lifetime and LA till the owner let the club go

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I go to a "tennis/social" club.
Really nice place with tennis courts, bar, restaurant, pools, lazy river, tons of classes,e tc.
Also, have giraffes, monkeys and exotic birds.
The gym is pretty good but the best part is that its not much people lifting weights in the morning.
Today it was 9 people including me.
Family price is $250 a month and well worth it. We use it all the time.

I also have a membership to 24hours fitness, I pay $19.95 + tax a year.
But its a shithole, always dirty and always broken equipment.
Havent been there in a few years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic