RalfKelleh
What's New?

Water Retention

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So I feel off the wagon last week, it was St. Patty's Day and LK LOVES corned beef. Ate it twice Wed, twice Thursday and on Saturday. I went to the doctor on Monday for a f/u visit and to no surprise my weight was up from the previous week when I weight myself at home, but still down considerable from when I went in December.

Well, had a VERY clean week of eating this week, very low sodium, very low carbs, and TONS of water. Question is, could I have possibly shed 12 lbs of water weight (plus some weight loss of course) since Monday? I feel so much less bloated, but was really shocked by the scale this morning being down so much since Monday.

And I know the differences in different scales. My weight last Friday was within a lb or the MD's scale on Monday morning.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Water in = water out. Especially if you were salt-loaded from the corned beef hash, the excess water this week on top of the clean eating means you probably pissed out half of that weight, and shit out another good chunk of it, so your real weight loss this week is likely a pound or so.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
10-12 lbs of water for someone over 220 is really nothing. I can be 220-235 depending on how bloated I am. Thai food, corned beef - all the salty stuff will get you.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
If I go hard on sodium I Bloat like a motherfukker

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
Damn, corned beef. I just ate responsible portions of that the past week or so. The salt, huh? Does Brisket work? No wonder why I haven't lost that much.

Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
French onion soup always de-bloats me

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Seems legit man, you must have fell off the wagon, off the cliff and into the lake on that Patties Day Fiasco... lol

Something I learned this week, your body excerpted 3 to 1 ratio of potassium to salt. More salt you have more potassium is pushed out. That leaves water under your skin. If you up your potassium that water is stored in your muscle cells, and to a lessor extent. I was told to use the low sodium salt from the store, its 60% sodium and 40% potassium. Especially if you are dieting or cutting for a show, we dont get enough potassium on low carb diets...

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I can pretty easily and somewhat regularly do gain and lose 6 lbs overnight from overdoing carbs and sodium like from an occasional Pizza Hut binge after being low carb for a week. I would think a dozen pounds is realistic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic