Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Want to loose weight without muscle

370z

Jun 7, 2018
Im Currently 5,8 Feet Tall. 25 Years old and around 36% Body-fat and 270 pounds (Natural). Long story short.. Ive been in the gym since the 9th grade So around 10-11 years of dirty bulking (SRS) always fluctuated around 220-245 pounds. And Always had a training balance between Hypertrophy and strength training. This past year I went on medication and gained 50 pounds and got super fat.. I want to reach 10-12% body fat for the first time in years to see what mass I put on over the years and get healthier at the same time. But I want to do it right, Ive seen so many people with lots of muscle just use poor diet and poor training and loose a significant amount of muscle.. It happens way to often and I wont lie I have a bad paranoia about it. Loosing years worth of hard progress.

I mainly just need help with Training, Ive heard rapid Strength loss is a indication of muscle loss while cutting so I want to try a good Strength training program since that would probably be optimal for maintaining as much muscle as possible while I loose near 80-100 pounds. If not .. What would be a good weight training program to follow while cutting for experienced to advanced lifters?

Diet and cardio wise I'm going to keep it simple. Im going to just follow 10 Calories X Bodyweight for now (So 2700 calories to start) and use a simple macro split. I was hoping to loose 2.5-3 pounds a week and then slow it down around 220 pounds.
Cardio wise Ill just stick to walking and running intervals 3-4 times a week 20-30 minutes for now.
I believe I will be around 10-12% Bodyfat at near 165-180 pounds. So 180 lbs will be my goal for now.

Would appreciate any feedback/advice from y'all. Thanks!

C

Collins Adutwum

Jul 12, 2018
Hi 370z, am very impressed with your training history. Doing it right hurt but you will gain your muscle at the end of the day. Once you want it right there is a lot of books online you can learn from. I came across an article about "how to develop true strength" I know it will help you a lot.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hi 370z, am very impressed with your training history. Doing it right hurt but you will gain your muscle at the end of the day. Once you want it right there is a lot of books online you can learn from. I came across an article about "how to develop true strength" I know it will help you a lot.
Weak attempt at spam douchebag

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Im Currently 5,8 Feet Tall. 25 Years old and around 36% Body-fat and 270 pounds (Natural). Long story short.. Ive been in the gym since the 9th grade So around 10-11 years of dirty bulking (SRS) always fluctuated around 220-245 pounds. And Always had a training balance between Hypertrophy and strength training. This past year I went on medication and gained 50 pounds and got super fat.. I want to reach 10-12% body fat for the first time in years to see what mass I put on over the years and get healthier at the same time. But I want to do it right, Ive seen so many people with lots of muscle just use poor diet and poor training and loose a significant amount of muscle.. It happens way to often and I wont lie I have a bad paranoia about it. Loosing years worth of hard progress.

I mainly just need help with Training, Ive heard rapid Strength loss is a indication of muscle loss while cutting so I want to try a good Strength training program since that would probably be optimal for maintaining as much muscle as possible while I loose near 80-100 pounds. If not .. What would be a good weight training program to follow while cutting for experienced to advanced lifters?

Diet and cardio wise I'm going to keep it simple. Im going to just follow 10 Calories X Bodyweight for now (So 2700 calories to start) and use a simple macro split. I was hoping to loose 2.5-3 pounds a week and then slow it down around 220 pounds.
Cardio wise Ill just stick to walking and running intervals 3-4 times a week 20-30 minutes for now.
I believe I will be around 10-12% Bodyfat at near 165-180 pounds. So 180 lbs will be my goal for now.

Would appreciate any feedback/advice from y'all. Thanks!
3lbs per week is a bit much. Aim for no more than 2

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
To be honest I really wouldn’t worry about “muscle loss” per say. Focus on fat loss FIRST. Muscle loss will happen and your goal is first to loss fat and NOT lose to much muscle. It is a fine line to be honest but I wouldn’t even think about it until your fat levels are under 15%. Once your fat levels drop to a reasonable range then you can focus more on fine tuning your diet and training so muscle loss isn’t so drastic. Good luck

D

davgtr93

Mar 9, 2021
I was worried about it too, but I realized that I needed to alternate between losing weight and gaining muscle. So, first I was on a calorie deficit, and then I started gaining mass, and only then did I eat on a calorie deficit again. It helps to stay healthy.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Post #3 up above gives us an excellent opportunity to appreciate, and miss, Pillar's presence on the boards.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
At that weight I'm pretty sure you're very insulin resistant and probably wont gain much muscle even if you tried to bulk. I'd forget the muscle loss and just go on long term calorie deficit and get overall weight down. Still train heavy as ig you're trying to build but not as many sets or frequently. You can maintain alot of muscle with low volume and low frequency but training heavy. Protein at minimum 180g but not too much , fat moderate, and rest in carbs just make sure calories are low enough to lose weight. And its normal to lose 3-4lbs/wee for couple of week when ypire heavy, it's mostly water and glycogen and itll slow down and same calorie intake. What you lose after that is more likely from fat as long as your strength isn't tanking too much.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'll likely catch much hate for this but I highly recommend checking into the carnivore diet. I lost 51 pounds in 5 months on it while eating over 2,000 calories per day more than I was eating. My son lost over 60 in the same time frame. Not really possible to lose muscle on this since you will only be eating protein and fat as long as you keep up your regular weight training. Carnivore + intermittent fasting when done correctly could easily have you at 200 even by the end of the year.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'll likely catch much hate for this but I highly recommend checking into the carnivore diet. I lost 51 pounds in 5 months on it while eating over 2,000 calories per day more than I was eating. My son lost over 60 in the same time frame. Not really possible to lose muscle on this since you will only be eating protein and fat as long as you keep up your regular weight training. Carnivore + intermittent fasting when done correctly could easily have you at 200 even by the end of the year.
Lol ... I remember an earlier "Macro" thread here that had people up in arms for a while. By the time testboner's "Carnivore" thread came along, there were some converts and others who were at least interested and listening politely ... I doubt any hate is headed your way .........

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic