Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Walmart's Equate brand 5 Blade razor

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Different blades for different needs. The elcheapo disposable lady 3/5 blades work great on the body but I still use a Gillette safety razor from the 50's for the neck and upper cheek. My beard grows up to my eyeballs so I still have to shave part of the face once a week.

cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
Dollar shave club recently updated their 4 blade razor. I shave my head too and I find it much better than the old one. Hair doesn't stick between blades anymore and it rinses easily. I seem to get 3 or 4 good head shaved out of it before changing

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I have not. I have used Gillette Fusion, DSC and Harry's. Once I started using Harry's, I stopped shopping around. Even if I spend more money, they are more than worth it. I only shave every other day now, but I swear a blade will last me a month or more. Even after a month, it is still sharper than DSC.
Good to know. I've using DSC for yrs. Got set up the every 3-4 mo. new blade by mail plan. I thought the blades were ok, however, they just changed to a much lighter handle and a total pos blade so I need to cancel that shit and I'm gonna give Harry's a try.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I like most of you started with Gillette Mach 2 then 3. Then I went to electric because who knows why. Then when Gillette fusion came out I thought those were Amazing, only to be blown away by Proglide blades. Last year I got the Gillette Labs razor and it’s so far my favorite. I have tried Schick years ago, and it was okay, and also another brand I got on Amazon. Both have been trashed. My dad left me with a ton of Harry’s refills. So I might try it sometime, but I am always going back to Gillette. It’s an amazing shave.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I like most of you started with Gillette Mach 2 then 3. Then I went to electric because who knows why. Then when Gillette fusion came out I thought those were Amazing, only to be blown away by Proglide blades. Last year I got the Gillette Labs razor and it’s so far my favorite. I have tried Schick years ago, and it was okay, and also another brand I got on Amazon. Both have been trashed. My dad left me with a ton of Harry’s refills. So I might try it sometime, but I am always going back to Gillette. It’s an amazing shave.
Yea, I have been a Gillette Fusion and ProGlide user for like 15+ years now. I almost did the DSC when it hit the seen, but never got around to it. I always bought my Gillette razors from Costco in bulk, which would last me about a year.

Just bought Harry's a week or so ago.....but I have not used it yet. This last Gillette razor I have has been working for me good now for many weeks, lol.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I have not. I have used Gillette Fusion, DSC and Harry's. Once I started using Harry's, I stopped shopping around. Even if I spend more money, they are more than worth it. I only shave every other day now, but I swear a blade will last me a month or more. Even after a month, it is still sharper than DSC.
Same here. Havent used another brand since. A little more expensive than some of the others but totally worth the money imo.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Yea, I have been a Gillette Fusion and ProGlide user for like 15+ years now. I almost did the DSC when it hit the seen, but never got around to it. I always bought my Gillette razors from Costco in bulk, which would last me about a year.

Just bought Harry's a week or so ago.....but I have not used it yet. This last Gillette razor I have has been working for me good now for many weeks, lol.
That other razor I got from Amazon was Dorco. Let me know how Harry’s is. Then if you want to try the Gillette labs new razor, you’ll love it.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I shave a lot. Most of the time face, always head, usually body, arms, chest, etc... My shaving schedule is all over the place, but it seems like I'm always shaving something.

I've gone through so many different razor brands and always seem to find my way back to the Gillette. Which sucks because they are stupid expensive, but they work best for me. I use the Fusion Proglide. I've tried the Harry's and they were ok, but they are like my triceps during skull crushers. When they're done, they're done. There's no warning, feels like everything is running smooth, you think you have a few more reps and then all of a sudden it's chewing the crap out of your face and head. I got tired that. They also seemed inconsistent. Sometimes I could get several shaves out of a razor and other times the second shave tore me up. On the other hand, a friend of mine loves the Harry's razors. Probably just varies from person to person with different skin. I just can't seem to make them work.

Every time I tried something else I always ended up going back to the Proglides.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I tried for many months years ago to ditch the razors when Gillette started bashing men and started promoting perversity.
Just never could find a comparable razor so SADLY I am still using them for razors. Ditched anything else Gillette brand though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic