Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Walmart's Equate brand 5 Blade razor

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
ULTIMATE reviews may come from users who've experienced different brands, different amounts of blades with the same product.

My cynical ass says a lot of this is just advertising hype.

My hairy ass (and face) goes back to when I was a novice, to a single edge on either side of a single blade. Those fuckers (the razor head more than the blade) were heavier, no matter how skillfully your hand managed things, they dug in more.

These days I've used 2-5 blades, different brands, have no connessoiseur-type reviews, as long as you change whatever blades frequently ... and, don't shave while drunk.

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I started with a shit bic in the 80s disposable and found the mach 3. It was great until about 21 when my hair got thicker. I kept dragging these nerf covered blades over my face, along with the Shick 5 until I hit 40. All that time, I had to let the skin get calm, ie; friday shaves. I then discovered "wet shaving", double edged single razors and shaving soup or cream. I have razors ranging from the early 1900s to 1970 and use Astra blades. I use a schuttle, soap brush and antique razors. There are plenty of modern versions. Works great, calm skin with no irritation like I would get from a 2 use Mach 3.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have not. I have used Gillette Fusion, DSC and Harry's. Once I started using Harry's, I stopped shopping around. Even if I spend more money, they are more than worth it. I only shave every other day now, but I swear a blade will last me a month or more. Even after a month, it is still sharper than DSC.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I shave my head daily and found the equate brand to nick/cut easier and dull out a bit faster. I can get 2wks out of a Harry's blade, or bic 5 blade razor, and just over half that with an equate.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I shave my head daily and found the equate brand to nick/cut easier and dull out a bit faster. I can get 2wks out of a Harry's blade, or bic 5 blade razor, and just over half that with an equate.
Okay, that was a concern for me. I figured they were cheaper overall, but it wouldn't really be worth it if they get dull quicker. They probably use inferior steel or something.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I have not. I have used Gillette Fusion, DSC and Harry's. Once I started using Harry's, I stopped shopping around. Even if I spend more money, they are more than worth it. I only shave every other day now, but I swear a blade will last me a month or more. Even after a month, it is still sharper than DSC.
So you settled on Harry's?

I've been using Fusion razors forever, since they came out, but they bent you over raw on the price. I was getting them at Costco in bulk.

I think Harry's is slightly cheaper, so I may check them out to compare. I can hit up Walmart over here.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
If only there was some way to evaluate the effectiveness of these razors.

Well, I'm out of ideas...

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
If you shave your head regularly I highly recommend the Schick Xtreme 3. 3 blades and they bend and contour to your skull. Blades seem to last forever too.

$11 for an 8-pack if you buy em here. I get them from the supermarket, a bit more pricy but there's a convenience factor there.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
So you settled on Harry's?

I've been using Fusion razors forever, since they came out, but they bent you over raw on the price. I was getting them at Costco in bulk.

I think Harry's is slightly cheaper, so I may check them out to compare. I can hit up Walmart over here.
Yep

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Not sure if anyone ever did the price comparison but I get the big packs of Gillette refills from Costco. I did one of those dollar shave club and Harry’s for a minute but it was only ok. Felt like they got dull faster than Gillette or shiek (sp?)

Kirkland need to make their own brand ones because Costco shit don’t miss

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Not sure if anyone ever did the price comparison but I get the big packs of Gillette refills from Costco. I did one of those dollar shave club and Harry’s for a minute but it was only ok. Felt like they got dull faster than Gillette or shiek (sp?)

Kirkland need to make their own brand ones because Costco shit don’t miss

I actually just bought a pack of these this past weekend... then decided to grow my hair back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic