Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Vitamix Blender is F'ing Awesome

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I have a buddy who's restaurant tanked, and he asked me if I wanted a blender. I said sure, and he brought over a blender on Tren, called a Vitamix Blender.

This mofo can make ice cream, boil water, liquefy cooked meats, make peanut/almond/cashew/[insert nut here :)) ] butter, etc., etc.

I have a feeling that I'll be making some bad-ass shakes in the near future.

I will update this thread with some of the crazy shit I make. Fucking excited to have a blender that can clean itself with just water.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Re: Vitamix is F'ing Awesome

Those blenders are amazing. I think you could blend nuts and bolts in that monster.

You should cristen the blender this weekend with margaritas and don't skimp on the tequila.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010

Got a link?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Those blenders are amazing. I think you could blend nuts and bolts in that monster.

You should cristen the blender this weekend with margaritas and don't skimp on the tequila.

LOL. I would, but I'm on tren and var and haven't had alcohol in 2+ months. After PCT though, I'm all over mixed drinks.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011

damn that thing looks like a beast. ive already gone through two blenders in a year

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

damn that thing looks like a beast. ive already gone through two blenders in a year

It comes with a 7 year unconditional warranty. (I feel like a rep or something, lol. Make no mistake, I am NOT).

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Made my first drink this morning, and all I can say is, DAMN.

Here's what I threw in to the machine:

3 heads of raw broccoli.
12oz. of spinach (doesn't sound like much because it's light, but that was an entire big-ass bag)
Handful of parsley.
Handful of alfalfa sprouts.
Handful of spirulina.
Two kiwis.
Two bananas.
Two apples.
4oz. of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Next time I'll make a video collage, because the ingredients took up half of my counter-top, but blended down into roughly 32oz. of liquid. And in about 20 seconds. Tastes pretty damn good, and has to be one of the healthiest shakes I've ever had. You know those Naked brand Green Machines? The little ones that have 56 grams of sugar in them? My shake tastes better and is guaranteed to have far less sugar.

More recipes to come.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010

I'm gonna buy one but not in my country, it's far too expensive: over 600 Euros ...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

The model my friend gave me was the middle version of the three. He paid around $600 for it. 600 euros is outrageous, even for such a bad-ass blender. When you go to their website and try to check on prices, it gives you the "Make payments" options. That's when you realize that you're not buying your average blender.

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011

im pretty sure my normal blender does the same thing and it cost 50 bucks!

dont believe the hype

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

im pretty sure my normal blender does the same thing and it cost 50 bucks!

dont believe the hype

Ummmmmm, ok. Really? Did you see the videos on the link I posted? I'll post up some videos of me blending up crazy shit, and you tell me if your blender can do that. I have to imagine that there is a reason that restaurants around the world use Vitamix blenders. You can choose to not believe the hype, that is your prerogative, but I now own one, and I can tell you that I DO believe the hype. PLEASE post a video of your blender turning raw almonds into creamy almond butter, no oil or liquid added at all. LOL, this I have to see.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic