Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Vitamix Blender is F'ing Awesome

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Wow... my walmart blender makes death rattles every time I try to blend a few ice cubes, bananas, peanut butter, and protein powder.... but for two years it's hung in there.

When it dies I'm bidding on one of these.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Vitamix ftw. They have like 2 horsepower or something like that. Mine is 11.5 amps.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
We got ours at Costco, was alot less than I saw before that. We use ours 4 or 5 times a day between me and the wife. Great way to sneak some veggies in on the kids too. Beats the shit out the old blender, probably could blend the old blender in it. So many great recipes out there too. I mostly just make protein smoothies, but my wife makes all kinds of great stuff with it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
What about the "ninja"? It's much cheaper and supposed to be just as good.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
For anything I've ever done, I'm sure the Ninja would've been exactly the same. I didn't pay for mine, it was a gift from my brother, but I'd certainly buy the Ninja when it comes to bang for your buck. I've seen videos of each blending the other, so they are clearly both badass.

The coolest thing about my vitamix is that the 1.2hp motor is made by the makers of the Rolls Royce. Other than that, it blends like a blender, lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For anything I've ever done, I'm sure the Ninja would've been exactly the same. I didn't pay for mine, it was a gift from my brother, but I'd certainly buy the Ninja when it comes to bang for your buck. I've seen videos of each blending the other, so they are clearly both badass.

The coolest thing about my vitamix is that the 1.2hp motor is made by the makers of the Rolls Royce. Other than that, it blends like a blender, lol.

Thanks. You answered my question. I'll pick up a Ninja this year.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I've used just about all of them.....Vitamix and Blendtech are the baddest of the bad. Vitamix has always been my favorite.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Thanx SAD...that thing is awesome. I want one!

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I've used just about all of them.....Vitamix and Blendtech are the baddest of the bad. Vitamix has always been my favorite.

Yes. I once traded an old car for a Vita-mix hahaha. I got the car for free so.

Anyway my in-laws gave us a BlendTech a few years ago and my wife gave the Vita to my parents. Both are amazing. If you try to use a Blendtech like a Vitamix though it will drive you insane. It doesn't have that ultra low starting level that lets you add ingredients while blending without it splashing. The BlendTech is designed to just load all the food in before and then hit the button and let it do it's thing. Which it's powerful enough to do. Saw the BlendTech for abt $329 at Costco I think.

Reactions: SJA
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic