Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Vitamin K2 keeps calcium in your bones

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Thanks to Kelly for the link.

(NaturalNews) Popping calcium pills has become the norm in our culture where osteoporosis has become pervasive, but in recent years research points to calcium supplements posing a danger to our heart health. We're left to wonder: is calcium beneficial or dangerous? There is little doubt that calcium plays many key roles in our health, but the latest research clarifies that calcium alone is not the answer. Many leading experts say vitamin K2 is the missing link in the calcium puzzle.

Calcium belongs in our bones, not in our blood. When our vitamin K2 levels are low, calcium collects in our blood and can lead to calcification in our arteries. The Rotterdam Study, which followed about 4,800 individuals for a 10-year period, showed that individuals who consume the most dietary vitamin K2 experience 50 percent less arterial calcification and cardiovascular death.

This happens because vitamin K2 prevents calcium build-up in the arteries by activating the vascular protein MGP, which inhibits arterial calcification. Vitamin K2 also activates proteins that work to mineralize bones. These two important qualities help combat two diseases which pose serious risk for millions: heart disease and osteoporosis.

Experts emphasize that vitamin K2 is better absorbed and provides more benefits to bone and heart health compared to vitamin K1. Specifically, the MK-7 form of vitamin K2 (like that found in the fermented Japanese soy food natto) is especially potent and stable in the body.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034741_calcium_vitamin_K2_bones.html#ixzz1kQgWFFPy

Calcium controversy explained - Vitamin K2 keeps calcium in your bones and out of your arteries

Last edited:
dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Thanks to both of you!

I have a hard time getting enough calcium( and all other vitamins) due to surgical changes in digestion, and can use all the help I can get

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Well I'm not about to start eating fatty goose liver or insects but now I know where the other dietary sources for K2 are and my multiV label that says VitK doesn't specify which K. I'm relieved that I can get my calcium and not compromise my heart. (U'r welcome)

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Well I'm not about to start eating fatty goose liver or insects but now I know where the other dietary sources for K2 are and my multiV label that says VitK doesn't specify which K. I'm relieved that I can get my calcium and not compromise my heart. (U'r welcome)

The Great gal that gave me that article should have a few ideas, I'll ask her as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic