Rolanalon
What's New?

Visceral Fat is a MOFO

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
@gunslinger

I can only imagine how stupid and hated you are in real life.

Again, as this guy in the video would tell you, bad calories affect composition and performance. Hence the visceral fat gain from poor quality calories. In other words, macros do matter.

But once again, lurking around the corner is good ole science, and if those monkeys had been on a caloric deficit and needed those calories instead of storing them, then there would be no fat gain, visceral or not.

TB, my apologies as I know this isn’t why you posted this. I like the message and it hits home for me because I AM one of the guys with more visceral fat than I’d like. I also have a typical ex-powerlifter's waist, so any extra fat in my midsection is noticeable. Mine comes mostly from beer and eating out too often. Both easily modulated. Thanks again.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Saying certain foods cause more visceral fat than others to me is just the opposite of saying you can do spot fat reduction. I dunno.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Saying certain foods cause more visceral fat than others to me is just the opposite of saying you can do spot fat reduction. I dunno.

Particular ingredients contribute more to visceral fat than others.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
Particular ingredients contribute more to visceral fat than others.
absolutely...... insulin response, resistance, sensitivity, satiation etc... I know a few ppl that lost a shit ton of weight just by dropping processed foods... No change in caloric intake that they know of they were not calorie counters but possibly due to eating more satiating foods so they ate less without knowing it.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Everything he lists as being the worst for visceral fat are things that are obviously bad for you anyway, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Four of them are total junk foods and the fifth, fructose, people should keep a limit on anyway because it converts so quickly to glucose. I guess its good advice, but not exactly "stop the presses" newsworthy.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Everything he lists as being the worst for visceral fat are things that are obviously bad for you anyway, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Four of them are total junk foods and the fifth, fructose, people should keep a limit on anyway because it converts so quickly to glucose. I guess its good advice, but not exactly "stop the presses" newsworthy.
Fructose in fact tends to convert slowly to useable (quick burn) glucose because it has to uniquely pass through a liver process / conversion. That’s what makes fructose particularly tricky — it can have a delayed… and then extended insulin effect (elevated) many hours after consumption, leading to more calorie storage, AND conversion to fat — de novo lipogenesis.
There’s a lot more to the metabolic processes in response to fructose than simple sugars.
And though the examples listed in the vid are the more obvious “bad foods,” most people would be surprised at what falls under the broad category of ultra processed foods.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
"bad food' is typically high carb/fat and processed. With the fat you're getting more than 2x the calories per 1g of carb so it adds up quick. Easier to go over BMR/TDEE.
But if you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight regardless. ALL weight loss diets have one thing in common. Calorie deficit. Notice the word calorie...
It's not called a carb deficit or fat deficit however a deficit in either of those can put you into a calorie deficit which is the #1 requirement for weight loss.
Again I know two vegan chicks who eat extremely healthy but both are a little chubby. But why they eat so healthy!? Because they eat more calories than their body burns.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
"bad food' is typically high carb/fat and processed. With the fat you're getting more than 2x the calories per 1g of carb so it adds up quick. Easier to go over BMR/TDEE.
But if you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight regardless. ALL weight loss diets have one thing in common. Calorie deficit. Notice the word calorie...
It's not called a carb deficit or fat deficit however a deficit in either of those can put you into a calorie deficit which is the #1 requirement for weight loss.
Again I know two vegan chicks who eat extremely healthy but both are a little chubby. But why they eat so healthy!? Because they eat more calories than their body burns.

True (accurate) to an extent. Depending on the source / type of calories, you can lose scale weight and yet be skinny fat — terrible composition — both unhealthy and unappealing.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
There’s a lot more to the metabolic processes in response to fructose than simple sugars.
Ah sorry, you're right on the liver metabolism. I was thinking I maybe had it backwards after I posted.

Anyway, fructose from raw fruits also comes "packaged" with lots of vitamins and minerals, as well as lots of fiber. So... fruit in moderation. Avoid the fruit juice.

I know some people will totally avoid fruit, but I believe there's enough good in it to include some in any diet. I'm on a cut now but will have one or two oranges, apples, and bananas a week. Individual fruit are 100 cals or less. Since I'm in a deficit it won't put on visceral fat.

Last edited:
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ah sorry, you're right on the liver metabolism. I was thinking I maybe had it backwards after I posted.

Anyway, fructose from raw fruits also comes "packaged" with lots of vitamins and minerals, as well as lots of fiber. So... fruit in moderation. Avoid the fruit juice.

I know some people will totally avoid fruit, but I believe there's enough good in it to include some in any diet. I'm on a cut now but will have one or two oranges, apples, and bananas a week. Individual fruit are 100 cals or less. Since I'm in a deficit it won't put on visceral fat.

Believe this; I LOVE fruit…. But, I minimize it because of realizing many fruits have anti nutrients (naturally produced insecticides) that render their nutrients as low bioavailability. That, combined with external synthetic chemical contamination (pesticides) makes me consume it only as a cheat food (infrequent). When it’s ripe it tastes amazing though!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic