RalfKelleh
What's New?

Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
thanks to Zomb131 for the article.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/1/281.full

Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity to a High-Carbohydrate Meal in Subjects With Insulin Resistance or Type 2 Diabetes

Carol S. Johnston, PHD,
Cindy M. Kim, MS and
Amanda J. Buller, MS

I recommend the Braggs brand ACV, most respected brand. ACV is not only a good antioxidant, but an excelent supplement containing Chlorogenic acid to help with dieting and control blood sugar.

Fasting glucose concentrations were elevated ∼55% in subjects with diabetes compared with the other subject groups (P < 0.01, Tukey’s post hoc test), and fasting insulin concentrations were elevated 95–115% in subjects with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes compared with control subjects (P < 0.01). Compared with placebo, vinegar ingestion raised whole-body insulin sensitivity during the 60-min postmeal interval in insulin-resistant subjects (34%, P = 0.01, paired t test) and slightly improved this parameter in subjects with type 2 diabetes (19%, P = 0.07). Postprandial fluxes in insulin were significantly reduced by vinegar in control subjects, and postprandial fluxes in both glucose and insulin were significantly reduced in insulin-resistant subjects (Fig. 1).

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
I've heard this before but never taken the time to research it, let alone actually implement it. How do you supplement with vinegar? How much? Just throw back a spoonful?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I've heard this before but never taken the time to research it, let alone actually implement it. How do you supplement with vinegar? How much? Just throw back a spoonful?

The article shows 20 grams ,equal to approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons. I have always used 3 table spoons with a half glass of water before meals.

Considering only 20grams improved insulin sensitivity in insulin-resistant subjects (34%, P = 0.01, paired t test) and slightly improved this parameter in subjects with type 2 diabetes (19%, P = 0.07). IS impressive imo.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
You could always just cook with it right?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
You could always just cook with it right?

Would think so, Critical point is 320C or 608F. Keeping heat within reason, still some isomerization of heat.
How much heat will denature acetic acid I don't know, it's a big factor with chlorogenic acid though.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic